[Tokoyami] Savior

!!!!!!!!!!!!MOVIE SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

[First Tokoyami one shot 👀 It's been a very long time since I posted so I'm thinking of working on some old drafts I have, and who knows what else I might do?]

Word Count: 735

Tokoyami becoming relentless when Slice hurts reader aka his established gf who is a fellow hero in training

The plan was working perfectly. Slice had gotten trapped in the underground cave with Tokoyami and [Y/n] through the explosions on land.
Slice was barraging Tokoyami with her weaponized hair and Tokoyami defended best he could but struggled with her immense speed and voracity.
[Y/n] tried supporting him by murmuring incantations that would protect him and slow Slice down. Her eyes were squeezed shut and her fingertips were touching as she concentrated very hard on the chants she was producing... And she didn't realize that the cave's structural integrity was diminishing.
Tokoyami heard a scream and he frantically looked around for where he had last seen [Y/n]. He saw her hair and her arm reaching out, debris piled loosely on top of her. She was trapped, but it didn't look fatal - yet. Still, his racing thoughts worrying about her safety and the combination of guilt washing over him was enough to send him spiraling, giving in to Dark Shadow.
A guttural scream was ripped out of his chest as he became more and more unlike himself and even Slice was taken aback. His voice sounded monstrous, and his form was changing, he seemed to be getting... bigger.
Dark Shadow entered a frenzy and attacked mercilessly, further destabilizing the cave's structure and more and more of it began to collapse. Slice got caught in the debris as well, and enough light entered the cave now to reel Dark Shadow back in.
Tokoyami dropped to his knees, panting as he regained his awareness, and he stumbled onto his feet to search for [Y/n].
"[Y/n]?!" He managed to choke out as he squinted out towards the clouds of dust that were in the air, caused by all the land that had been disturbed.
He felt his heartbeat in his ears as his eyes desperately searched through the rubble.
"I'm...here..." He heard a faint voice some distance away, and he rushed towards it.
[Y/n]'s hand reached out as she looked up at him with hooded eyes, appearing injured and like she may have been knocked unconscious at first.
Tokoyami tore through the rubble around her and lifted her limp body out of it. She weakly wrapped her arms around his neck and her head lolled into his chest; she could barely keep her eyes open.
"I-I'm going to get you medical attention, okay? You need to stay awake, you might've hit your head. [Y/n], are you understanding what I'm saying?" Tokoyami stammered, holding her head as he searched her eyes for a hint of acknowledgement. She groaned and nodded her head, her eyes still fluttering open and closed. Dark Shadow managed to get them both out of the cave and Tokoyami ran with [Y/n] in his arms, trying not to stumble over his own feet since he himself was not in the best condition.

He made it back to the camp and surrendered his girlfriend to medical staff, who seemed to have many other patients due to the catastrophic events taking place. Tokoyami needed to be treated as well, but his injuries were a quick fix. Instead, he waited by [Y/n]'s side and held her hand as she rested, her head and body covered in bandages and an IV running through a vein in her arm. Her vitals were stable though, and the doctor informed Tokoyami that she was very lucky to have made it out.
Those words haunted him though. His imagination was going wild with what could've been, and it was like a Pandora's box that he couldn't shut.
His eyes were now fixated on her calm, unconscious face. She looked so peaceful. He carefully placed a strand of hair behind her ear and she stirred in her sleep, leaning into the touch.
"Tokoyami..." She whispered, but she was still asleep. "Don't go."
Tomoyami's heart ached and he held her hand to his face.
"I'm not going anywhere." He promised, though she wasn't aware of it.

[Y/n] awoke a few hours later and Tokoyami had fallen asleep, his head resting on his crossed arms on the bed, and he was still holding her hand. A smile twitched on her lips and she stroked his hand.
"My savior."