[Shoji] Cocoon

[underrated best boy]

Word Count: 696

Winter was a beautiful time of year in Japan - snow-covered cherry blossom trees, fairy lights adorning city streets,  all the seasonal decorations and themed foods. But the cold was bitter and relentless, which led to [Y/n]'s predicament.

She was home alone, her husband on hero duty at the moment, so she took to huddling up on the sofa with at least five blankets and hot chocolate between her trembling hands, lazily watching whatever was on TV. Truthfully she was just too cold to focus, setting her hot drink down on the low table in front of her to rub her arms in an attempt to warm up more.

After what felt like an eternity, she heard someone fumbling to unlock the door and an instinctive smile graced her features. The door swung open and shut and in stepped the ginormous love of her life, pro-hero Tentacole.

"Hey, darling! How was work?" She asked from where she was sitting and he gave her an upside down kiss from behind the couch.
"It was the usual, just a couple of delinquents and low-life robbers... What's with the blanket fort?" Shoji gestured to the layers of blankets with an amused smile.
"I'm freezing! Aren't you?" She asked incredulously and her husband shrugged.
"Not really. Guess I have thick skin?"
He teased as he plopped down next to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder - or what he thought was her shoulder, seeing as she was currently in a nest.
[Y/n] rolled her eyes but couldn't help the small grin the little joke caused her and leaned into him.
"Wow, you're so warm..." She murmured, shoving away the blankets that were obstructing him from her and resting a hand on his chest.
He flinched at her touch and laughed.
"Holy shit, you really are cold! I'm gonna get frost bite from you touching me."
"Shut uppp, I'm enjoying this." She slurred, closing her eyes as she soaked in the blissful heat radiating off the man beside her.
"Let's go to bed, I can warm you up there."
[Y/n]'s eyes shot open in slight shock at the suggestive action and pulled away to peer up at Shoji with raised eyebrows.
"N-not like that! I mean, we could..."
He was stumbling with his words left and right and [Y/n] giggled.
"Sorry, hun, but I'm waay too cold to be shedding any clothes right now." She admitted, dismissing the idea.
"Ah, of course- I'm kind of tired anyway... So to bed?"
[Y/n] nodded and spread her arms out.
"Carry me?" She gave a sweet smile and batted her eyes at Shoji.
"You're such a princess..." It was supposed to be insulting but sounded more endearing than not. Still, he stood and scooped her up in his arms, making haste to their room.
He gently threw her on their bed and she laughed softly as she bounced a little and he fell stiff beside her.
"Mezooo! Warmth." She tugged at his shirt and he groaned.
"Oh right."
He discarded the shirt, obviously because it was easier to transmit heat, and enveloped his wife in his huge arms.
She sighed contentedly and shut her eyes.
After awhile, Shoji's snores filled the room and [Y/n] cursed, knowing she'd have more trouble getting to sleep with the noise.
She'd warmed up so much by his body heat that she started to sweat bullets and she pouted at this turn of events.
"Mezo." [Y/n] poked her husband's cheek.
He stirred but remained asleep.
"Mezo!" She said a little louder and poked his cheek a few more times.
"Hmm?" He replied sleepily.
"Too warm!" She exclaimed in a sharp whisper and it was then he noticed how sticky her skin had gotten.
"Mmh. Sorry." He released her and laid on his back, inviting her to lay on his chest instead.
[Y/n] bit back a smile at how adorable he was and situated herself between his arm and chest and laid a hand on his abdomen.
At last she was comfortable and found herself drifting off to sleep, the faint smile never leaving her lips.