[Hawks] Slippery Slope

!!!!!!!!!!MANGA/S4 SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

[This is for a reader, @_shiggy_44! I'm not 100% familiar with Hawks tbh, I had to look at his wiki lol :P I hope this is okay <3]

Word Count: 956

Hawks gets a sidekick with a quirk called Eagle Eye. She can analyze an area from afar and find targets, even through buildings. But... he has to carry her up high for her to use it. And he accidentally drops her while they bicker.

"This is ridiculous." [Y/n] mutters as the pro hero Hawks carried her in the sky by her underarms.

"Aw, it's not so bad! C'mon, sooner we find them, sooner you can be on land and on your own two feet." Hawks grins, though [Y/n] can't see it from where she is.

[Y/n] rolls her eyes, which also goes unseen, and uses her quirk to analyze the area below. The activation of her quirk makes her eyes turn a glowing yellow, somewhat like Sir Nighteye. Hawks sees the beam from her eyes and knows she's started working and shouldn't be interrupted.

It was all normal until she spotted highlighted figures in a warehouse.
"There, Hawks!" [Y/n] exclaims and points, and Hawks instantly swoops down to the location.

They land quietly beside the building and [Y/n] puts a finger to her lips and beckons him to follow in a crouched position.

They hold by the warehouse entrance to eavesdrop.

"So now we got one less chess piece on the board." A voice says proudly.

"Ah, there will always be obstacles. Overhaul was one of many." A raspy voice replies.

[Y/n] and Hawks tense at the recognition of that voice.
Tomura Shigaraki.

The heroes were sent only to gather intel on the League, but they didn't expect their leader to make an appearance. That changes things.

[Y/n] and Hawks look at each other and as if silently coming to an agreement, they nod. Only they didn't agree at all.

[Y/n] wanted to retreat and immediately call for backup. Hawks on the other hand wanted to jump out on the spot.

So they were mutually surprised when [Y/n] was hurrying away and Hawks revealed himself to the League's members.

[Y/n] gasped and covered her mouth. 'You goddamn idiot!' She mouthed.

"Hey, guys!" Hawks smiled and waved.

Dabi's eyes widen and all the members get on the defensive.
"How the hell did you find us?" Dabi growls.

"Oh, you know, phone book. Anywho, what's going on?" Hawks nonchalantly walks around, looking the members up and down, eyes lingering on the blue-haired man in the back.

"Hawks, you need to leave. You're not supposed to be here." Dabi warns as the others inch closer.

'Why didn't they attack him right then and there? Does Hawks... know them?' [Y/n] wonders to herself. A shiver runs up her spine.

"Oh, all right, I get it. I'm not welcome. Don't need to tell me twice. Seeya, Dabi!" Hawks shoves his hands in his pockets and does a 180° out where he came from.

Once Hawks is out of sight, he gets behind [Y/n], grabs her arms, and takes flight before the League could follow him.

[Y/n] began struggling in Hawks' grasp as fury bubbled inside her.

"What the hell was that?! You're buddy-buddy with the goddamn League? You're a traitor, let me go!" [Y/n] tried elbowing Hawks and he avoided it.

"Calm down, will you? We're at least 3,000 feet up and climbing. I drop you, you die." He says matter-of-factly.

"I don't care! You're a lunatic! The Hero Organization will hear about this-!" [Y/n] shouts and Hawks interrupts her.

"They're the ones who asked me to be a double agent, so good luck with that."

[Y/n] stilled. There was no way. No way they gave Hawks that order. They told him to corrupt himself?

She started rethinking everything.

"Hawks, put me down now." [Y/n] said calmly.

"That's not gonna happen, Eagle." Hawks answered coolly.

[Y/n] looked at a body of water below them and closed her eyes.

She headbutted Hawks and, surprised, he dropped her.

"What the fuck?!" Hawks hissed and dove down to catch her.

[Y/n] turned as she was free falling, narrowing her eyes as she saw Hawks come after her.

"Stay away from me!" She screamed, the high speed winds altering her voice.

"I can't do that, [Y/n]. Think what you want about me, but I do want to save people. Even if they're as difficult as you." He cracked a smile and [Y/n]'s rage quelled.

She was prepared to fight him midair. Instead, she let him catch her.

Hawks stabilized his flight and they continued on their way to headquarters to report their findings.

Once all the documentation was complete, [Y/n] found Hawks to ask a question on the matter.

She found him in a lonely hall and they were on opposite sides, staring at one another.

[Y/n] crossed her arms, attempting to remain calm.

"Why did you burst in there recklessly?" She asked, clenching her jaw.

Hawks sighed, scratching the back of his neck.

"I wanted to see Shigaraki for myself. I wanted to... I wanted to hurt him. But I knew I was outnumbered. I'm sorry, I... lost control." He shuts his eyes and leans his head back against the wall.

[Y/n] purses her lips and walks towards him, putting her hand on his shoulder. Hawks reopens his eyes and [Y/n] feels something warm in her chest and hugs him.

"You did good, Keigo."

Hawks reluctantly hugs back.

"Thank you, [Y/n]."

[Y/n] releases a little and points a finger in his face. "But if you pull that shit again, I will not hesitate to kick your ass in front of the enemy."

Hawks laughs but nods.

"You got it."