[Bakugou] Lookin Out For Me

Word count: 857

[Y/n] sighed contentedly as she settled into the common room couch with her legs criss-crossed, a biology book nestled in her lap.

It was finally the weekend and while her fellow peers were out shopping or hanging out with friends, she was left alone at the dorms to study in peace.

Her best friend, Bakugou, was off working out, so she settled on catching up on some lessons during his absence until later when he would be available to be bothered.

Her solitude was short-lived as a certain purple-haired pervert sauntered to the common room. He plopped on a couch and flipped the television on.

Aggravated, [Y/n] slammed her book shut and eyed Mineta with the most evil glare. "Hey, I was kind of studying." She stated with a hint of attitude.

Mineta's gaze went from the screen to the girl. "There's a library, you know." And with that, his eyes returned to the screen.

[Y/n] scoffed at the blatant rudeness. "I thought you were nice to all the girls, since you want to get in their pants."
Except Jirou, as has been established.

"Eh, you're not a suitable target." He replied simply without breaking eye contact from the TV.

'What?!'

[Y/n] didn't want to let that offend her, but it did hurt her ego. Did she really not compare to the girls in her class? She pouted as sudden insecurity washed over her. Without another word, she grabbed her belongings and stormed to her room to study alone.

Bakugou had been training since early in the morning and had finished just before noon. He showered in the locker room and headed back to his dorm to study. After awhile of studying alone, he got bored and messaged [Y/n].

Bakugou Katsuki: Wanna hang out
[Y/L/N] [Y/F/N]: Sure

Bakugou was a little put off by her lack of enthusiasm. Usually she was really cheery and energetic, even through text. He sensed something was wrong so he made his way to her room quicker than normal.

They were close enough to barge into one another's room without knocking and so he did, only to find her laying in bed on her stomach with her legs twirling in the air. She had headphones on, so she didn't hear the auditory cue of his entrance and kept scanning the book in front of her.

He slammed the door shut and it sent vibrations through the wall, which she felt. She threw off her headphones in shock and exhaled when her eyes met the stoic blonde's. "Jesus, fuck, you scared me."

He tilted his head and furrowed his eyebrows.

Cussing.

She wasn't one to cuss.

In fact, she'd often chastise him for cussing. It put him off further.

Bakugou huffed and slumped on her bed next to her, eyeing her. She grimaced at the scrutiny and before she could comment on it, he spoke first. "Okay, what's wrong with you?" He asked, wasting no time to get to the point.

[Y/n] blushed bashfully and looked away. "H-how'd you know?..."

"You're easy to read. To me anyway. Now spit it out." Despite the rude wording, it was obvious he was concerned.

[Y/n] bit her lip and faced him again. "Am I not good enough? I mean, like... the other girls in our class are smart, beautiful, strong. Admirable. I don't feel like... I'm even comparable to them." She murmured, swallowing a lump in her throat.

Bakugou looked at her incredulously. That's what was bothering her?

"You must be really stupid." He said dryly.

[Y/n] widened her eyes at him. Was he really going to kick her when she was down?!

"You're way better than those wannabes and anyone who says different is a dumbass." He continued, his expression softened.

[Y/n] snorted cynically. "Guess that midget really is a dumbass then."

Bakugou flinched at that word.

'Midget... As in...?'

Bakugou thought she was overthinking on her own. He hadn't considered the possibility of someone belittling her. Especially not a lowlife like Mineta.

"I'm gonna kill him." He growled and in one fluid motion, he was off the bed and out the door.

[Y/n] processed what was about to happen and rushed after him.
"Bakugou, wait-!"

She was too little too late.

He already had Mineta hanging by the collar of his shirt, a sneer on his face.

[Y/n] was at a distance where she couldn't make out what he was saying, but she could see Mineta squirming in his grasp and bawling.

After the exchange of words, which was mostly Bakugou threatening Mineta and him swearing to leave you alone, Bakugou dropped him haphazardly and Mineta scurried away.

Bakugou turned on his heels and saw [Y/n] frozen in place. He bumped her shoulder and grumbled, "C'mon. I'm starving."
She slowly came to and a smile made its way to her lips unbeknownst to her.

[If it feels unfinished it's because it kinda is but I wanted to end it while it was decent instead of adding more and turning it into garbage yanno? Sorry about that!]