[Shoji] Care

[Based off this headcannon:

I didn't get the Tumblr user (if anyone knows please tell me!) but a lot of these kinds of headcannons inspire me to write so I'll include them when I can, hopefully with an @ next time

I didn't get the Tumblr user (if anyone knows please tell me!) but a lot of these kinds of headcannons inspire me to write so I'll include them when I can, hopefully with an @ next time.]

Word count: 749

Everyone agreed Shoji was like the class's big brother figure (despite being the youngest). He silently cared for them all but would occasionally show it, like when he takes whoever ends up sleeping on the common room couches to their room.

[Y/n] kept to herself a lot of the time so it was rare to even spot her hanging out in the common room. She was sitting criss-cross on the couch and reading with low, soft music playing. The hours crawled by and she yawned and stretched, growing exhausted. By the time she was about to pass out, she realized her energy was too depleted to get back to her room so she just curled up with her book over her face and napped.

Shoji had just finished up a workout in his room and headed to the kitchen for some water when he caught sight of the sleeping form, not knowing who it was but being able to take a guess as it was obviously a girl (that narrowed it down significantly in a class of mostly dudes).

He carefully moved the book aside to reveal [Y/n]'s unconscious face. She seemed to stir from being exposed to some dim light but fell back asleep.
Shoji breathed out through his nose and gingerly scooped her up in his dupli-arms, which basically assured she wouldn't fall.

He knew more or less where her dorm was but checked the name plates just in case and let himself in when he found it. Out of what respect he could muster, he didn't look at her room's contents, just laid her in her bed and swiftly walked out, closing her door behind him.

Because she fell asleep at around 7, she woke up at 3 am and freaked out at her surroundings.
"Did I sleep walk?" She asked herself, rubbing her cheek.
Just then, she faintly recalled peeking her eye open at the masked boy and then the feeling of being carried through the halls and a blush formed across her face. She thought that was a dream...

Although it wasn't uncommon of Shoji to do that for his classmates, he still felt a little weird about it this time. He did harbor a small crush over the girl - had since they met - but he's tried his best to brush it aside, thinking she'd prefer someone like Todoroki or Midoriya, nice and outspoken. Traces of her warmth lingered on his arms and he could still see her calm, sleepy face. After awhile he was able to shake himself free from his thoughts and actually get some rest.

The next day was normal. Lectures, hero training, lunch. Shoji typically sat with Tokoyami and so he got around the crowd of students towards his friend, but not before a small body got in his way. He peered down to see [Y/n] with an indescribable expression.

"Thank you! For, um, taking me back. To my room! It was really…sweet." She could barely spit the sentence out and chastised herself for it.
Shoji chuckled and put one of his hands on her shoulder. "It's no problem, I do it whenever I see someone pass out there. And don't worry, I never lurk through anyone's stuff, don't care enough to." The appendage that had spoken smiled and [Y/n] breathed a laugh.
"Right. See you around." She grinned before turning to leave.
"Uh, hey, wait!" Shoji called, causing [Y/n] to face him once again with a curious look.
"I was just on my way to sit with Tokoyami. Do you maybe want to join?" He offered shyly.
[Y/n]'s heart hammered in her chest and suddenly she was glad she was brave enough to approach him in the first place.
"Yeah, sure!"

The two walked together as [Y/n] explained the premise of the book she was reading, upon Shoji's request. He seemed genuinely interested and nodded as she spoke to show he was being attentive. It was true, he didn't talk much, but there was never an awkward moment, even when Tokoyami would interject with a few lines of his poetry. Even Dark Shadow contributed some snappy replies, illiciting laughs from not just [Y/n], but Shoji too.