[Kirishima] Sharky

[This one is also kinda old and not the best but enjoy! ♡]

Word Count: 517

Children laughed and played all around the jungle gym just outside of an elementary school. It was recess time and they were making the most of it, basking in the warm sunlight and clambering around the structure giddily.

One boy sat alone on a bench, swinging his legs as he watched his peers have fun. He had a melancholic aura about him because he knew if he tried joining in, they'd avoid him like he was the plague. Truth was they were afraid of him. His quirk has hurt people before, through no fault of his own seeing as he was just barely gaining control of it. They were also put off by his sharp teeth, earning him the name 'Shark Boy'.

A girl no one recognized emerged from the double doors of the school with their teacher in hand.

"Students! We have a late arrival! Everyone say hi to [Y/n]!" Their teacher announced and the class obeyed, greeting her in unison.

The ebony-haired boy perked up and smiled to himself.
'Maybe she'll be my friend!'

The teacher let the girl go off on her own and her eyes shifted between every face until they landed on him.

The boy waved and smiled, making sure to not show his teeth. He didn't want to scare her away at first glance.

[Y/n] grinned widely and approached him, then sat next to him.

"I'm Kirishima Eijirou." The boy introduced himself with a lopsided smile.

"'M [Y/n]. How come you're all by yourself?" She asked bluntly.

Kirishima blushed and pouted. "The other kids don't like me. They think I'm scary."

[Y/n] took that moment to look him up and down. "But you're not scary! Why would they think that?"

Kirishima's eyes widened and his little heart beat in his chest faster than a jackrabbit. "Oh. Um. It's my teeth. And well... my quirk..." He swallowed thickly, analyzing her face for a reaction.

"Ooh, what's your quirk, Sharky?! Do you have laser eyes? Poison breath?" [Y/n] bombarded him with questions and inched closer to Kirishima, making him lean backwards in response.

'What did she call me?!'

Kirishima didn't address the nickname. "M-my skin can turn hard as a rock. Wanna see?..." He offered, hiding his excitement at her genuine interest.

"Yes!" She shouted, bouncing in her seat.

Kirishima nodded, a confident smirk plastered on his face. He raised his arm diagonally and activated his quirk, the rough, jagged texture traveling from his elbow to the points of his fingers.

"Whoa! That's so cool!" [Y/n] gushed and touched his arm, starry-eyed.

Kirishima shakily exhaled in disbelief at the positive input he was getting. "You think so?"

[Y/n] bolted up and balled her hands into fists, setting them on her hips.
"I know so, Sharky!"

The two chattered animatedly and played together for the rest of recess, sharing laughs and smiles. The teacher watched from afar contentedly. She knew Kirishima was an outcast and he was wanting to be accepted by at least one person his age - and it looks like he finally has been.