[Mirio] Oops

Mirio finds his best friend since childhood asleep in his bed when he gets back to his dorm after classes

Word count:1147

Mirio hummed to himself as he walked through UA's corridors to his room. He knew he should study but didn't feel like it so he figured he'd change into casual clothes and go bother Tamaki or something instead. He was more than a little shocked to see his best friend [Y/n] huddled in his comforter, dead asleep.

His plans were thwarted by this situation presented to him. Should he let her sleep and leave? Or maybe nap next to her? Or wake her up? He truly didn't know what to do.

Mirio half-heartedly decided to wake her up, at least to ask why she was in his room in the first place. So he pressed his lips into a fine line and shook her shoulder gently then poked her cheek. She stirred and peeked an eye open to the peering blue eyes above her then shut it.

"Hey you." [Y/n] greeted groggily, moving around a little but making no effort to get up.

"Heeey [Y/nnnn]. What's up?" Mirio asked with a half-grin, now finding amusement in whatever was happening.

"Yeah, sorry I barged in when you weren't even here, but I had a stressful day so I pretty much ran here and laid down to wait for you but your bed smells really good and it's so soft and yeah. Fell asleep." She sheepishly explained, now sitting up.

"Oh, do you maybe wanna talk about it?" Mirio offered, a sympathetic look on his face.

"Honestly I kinda want to go back to sleep and I'm too tired to go to my dorm. Do you mind?"

Mirio immediately thought of suggesting he carry her to her room but a small part of him wanted her to stay and so he shook his head with a smile. "Nahh, I don't mind!"

"Thanks, you're the best!" [Y/n] gave him a lazy hug and he laughed and returned the hug. She fell back into the bed and sighed, closing her eyes.

"I, uh, wouldn't be opposed if you laid down too, yanno." [Y/n] said in a lower voice, eyes still closed. She silently prayed he didn't reject the invitation.
Mirio blushed (thankfully she didn't see), but wordlessly agreed, laying down next to her. The bed wasn't the biggest so they were awfully close (especially because Mirio is a pretty big dude and takes up most of the bed even when he's alone).

The two faced each other and [Y/n] was already drifting off again. Mirio wasn't actually tired so he stared at her face for a moment before subconsciously running his knuckles against her cheek. She jolted awake from the contact and locked eyes with him. He felt like a deer in the headlights; he only did that because he thought she was asleep! [Y/n]'s lips parted as she tried coming up with something to say.

"Do you want to... c-cuddle?" She asked, voice trembling from how nervous she suddenly was.

Mirio blushed again, but this time she could clearly see it.
"Um, y-yeah!"

[Y/n] smiled and bit her lip. "I'll be little spoon."
She turned around and grabbed his arm then threw it around her, quickly gaining confidence.

Luckily, Mirio was tall enough and [Y/n] was short enough so that her ass wasn't against his junk because if it was, that'd create a whole other awkward situation.

She scooted backwards so her back was flush against his chest and she held his arm gingerly.

Mirio made sure to not actually hold her body and have his arm just sprawled out, out of respect, though she seemed to have thrown all manners out the window.

[Y/n]'s chest rose and fell so slow, Mirio knew she had to be asleep. He wanted to follow suit but was so painfully aware of her warmth all over his front side, and how soft her skin felt. Her hair was covering his neck and he could smell the sweet aroma it emitted. He exhaled deeply and tried to relax, actually embracing her body now. She wasn't muscly like some other girls in their class, she was a little squishy - but he loved it.

How did he end up here? Laying with his best friend in his arms... The girl he had a crush on for years.

It almost felt… wrong.

If she knew he had feelings for her, she wouldn't be okay with this.

After squabbling back and forth with himself, he decided to leave, or at least leave the bed. Fortunately he had a quirk perfect for this so that he wouldn't disturb her but... he'd have to ditch his clothes.

'I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.' Mirio thought and permeated through the bed then projected himself to the side of it, naked.

[Y/n] groaned, sensing he left because of the obvious absence of warmth and the arm she was holding, and turned around. Her eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets because there he stood, in all his nude glory.

"Holy fu-!"

"[Y/n]!" Mirio exclaimed and his face went beet red as he chucked a stray shirt from his desk chair onto her face.

[Y/n]'s face was also flushed, and she was frozen solid. In all the time she'd known him and seen his quirk at work, she'd never seen his willy because he could usually hide it somehow (though she had seen his ass plenty...). So this... this was new territory.

"Mirio, you didn't tell me you were packing that monster of a thing!" [Y/n] laughed, though the shirt muffled it. When she was nervous or flustered, she'd just try to play it off and be funny, and that was one reason why Mirio liked her so much. But this time, he found it more embarrassing than endearing.

"[Y-Y/n], shut up!" Mirio whisper-shouted frantically, afraid their classmates would overhear and assume things went differently.

"Okay, okay; although gotta say, whoever you end up marrying is one lucky girl!" [Y/n] giggled again, throwing a badly-aimed thumbs up sign at her friend.

"Oh my gosh, [Y/n], stop!" Mirio pleaded, hastily tugging on boxers followed by a random pair of pants.

Once he had gotten a T-shirt on, he sighed and said,"You can look..."

[Y/n] pinched the fabric from her face and beamed up at her best friend. "Don't worry, Mirio! It's our secret!" She winked with a wide smile and Mirio groaned at his friend, who was suddenly filled with energy.

"I'll be back when the psychological trauma passes." Mirio muttered and phased through the floor.

[I had this sitting in my notebook thing and I think you can tell where I rushed to finish it and made it funnyish lmao :'] thanks for reading dudes! ♡]