[Midoriya] Cool Off

[this was originally in first person and was so,, hard,, to convert to third person...]

Word Count: 1,443

It was summer and all of Class 1-A couldn't be more relieved. Some of the girls asked if they could hang out at the pool on Saturday until 7 o'clock and, for some reason,Mr. Aizawa and Principal Nezu actually agreed. The boys asked too, but since their reason was to train their endurance, that's what they had to do.

[Y/n] hastily threw a bag of necessities together - a towel, change of clothes, sunscreen, and water bottle - before she headed off to the campus. Once she was satisfied with her preparation, she shouted bye to her parents and rushed outside, her flowy shorts and tied t-shirt slightly waving in the wind. She had her swimsuit underneath but obviously didn't want to walk to school in just that as people would stare. The sound of her sandals were all she could hear against the sidewalk and her eyes were trained on the ground in deep thought. The dawning realization that she was about to see the boys in her class shirtless was... a little nerve-wracking. The girls would be in their swimsuits too...

'What if I don't look as good as them?...'

She shook her head and groaned under her breath.

'Just relax! It's supposed to be fun, no need to ruin it for myself.'

She finally got to the school and made her way to the pool, where her classmates were starting to pile in.

A huge grin graced her face when she saw her friend, Uraraka, already swimming and she cupped her mouth with both hands and shouted, "Hey, Uraraka!"

The small brunette looked in her direction and smiled too, waving excitedly.
"Hey, [Y/n], come on! The water's cool!"

That alone made her want to jump in immediately, as the sun was beating tirelessly against her skin, but she had to change and put sunscreen on. "In a sec!"

As she walked to the changing room, she noticed that Bakugou, Kirishima, Kaminari, Yaoyorozu, and Midoriya hadn't arrived.

'Hmph, I was hoping Deku would be here... Oh well.'

She hurried out of her clothes and shoved them in her tote bag along with her sandals, quickly slathered as much sunscreen on her bare skin as possible, then shoved all her belongings in a locker before walking back out.

She jumped a little when she saw Midoriya and Todoroki talking.

'He got here while I was changing! That's great!'

She gulped when she realized he didn't have a shirt on.

'Oh boy... I need to be cool! I can at least act like it doesn't affect me...'

Uraraka was talking to Mina about how silly the boys were being when [Y/n] interrupted by jumping right behind them and getting water all over their hair.

"[Y/n]!" They simultaneously shrieked and she chuckled at the seething girls.

"Sorry ladies! Couldn't help myself!"

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Midoriya watching the whole ordeal and he laughed to himself.

A blush rose to [Y/n]'s cheeks and she quickly took in a breath of air and went under water to not only avoid suspicion but get her own hair wet.

After she felt like she cooled down, she stood back up and combed her hair back with her fingers.

"Yo, Midoriya, stop staring!" [Y/n] heard Kaminari tease and looked to see him elbow Midoriya, whose face had gone a shade of red that rivaled the vibrancy of Kirishima's hair. He saw that her eyes were on him and he started waving his arms in a panic.