[Midoriya] Friends With Benefits Part Three

Word count: 1528

That week went on like that, where they'd hang out but the air felt heavy.

Come Thursday, Mina set [Y/n] aside during their lunch period to see if her friend went through with her advice.

"What did he say?" Mina whisper-screamed, holding the other girl's shoulders.

[Y/n] visibly saddened, knowing what she was asking about.

"I didn't do it... I think he likes someone else. He doesn't get within a five-foot radius from me now, as if I have the plague. If he did like me he's over it now..." [Y/n] rubbed her arm, eyes downcast.

Mina couldn't have been more confused. There was no way Midoriya got over her. Uraraka mentioned how he excessively talks about [Y/n] during class just last period.

"Don't worry [Y/n]! If you and Midoriya are hopeless, then I'll bring you two together!"

[Y/n] didn't quite understand how Mina was going to go about that, so she just went on with her day with her little raincloud following close behind.

"Midoriya!" Mina shouted during hero training. The group was to set off in one of the school's gyms to find sparring partners, but Mina intercepted Midoriya before he could head to Todoroki.

Midoriya was shocked, to say the least. Mina didn't really talk to him much, she was more [Y/n]'s friend than anything. But she seemed awfully upset about something, judging by the foreign-looking scowl on her face.

"Oh, hey, Mina! What's up?" He asked, his voice sounding uneasy.

"You idiot! You're gonna pass up being with [Y/n] for some chick who's probably nowhere near as cute and sweet as her?!" She fumed with narrowed eyes, hands on her hips.

Midoriya's eyes shot open wide at that accusation. "What are you talking about?! I d-don't like anyone!" He lied through his teeth and Mina rolled her eyes and sighed exasperatedly.

"Shut up, it's super obvious you liked [Y/n], but she says you like someone else now! What gives?"

"She said-… what?" Midoriya was beyond confused from this entire conversation. "I- fine, I like her! But I don't have feelings for anyone else... She's the one who moved on. I heard her rehearsing lines to use to ask out some guy..." He admitted, pouting a little.

Mina just stood there, putting the pieces together. "Oh my gosh... You're both stupid." It was like she had a revelation, and Midoriya wanted to ask what she meant, but she shot off like a bullet to who-knows-where.

'What was that about...?' Midoriya thought, then shook his head and continued on his way to Todoroki.

[Y/n] and Uraraka sparred and both girls went at it hard. [Y/n], because she was frustrated about the whole 'my best friend, aka the guy I'm in love with, is gonna live happily ever after with someone as I watch idly by' thing; Uraraka, because, frankly, she was sick of being seen as someone to be taken lightly and would get scary serious about fighting!

After school, [Y/n] trudged to her room and sighed as she haphazardly dropped her backpack wherever it would land and fell face-first onto her bed, exhausted and still sad. She started going in and out of consciousness when her phone dinging brought her back to reality. A groan rumbled in her throat as she reached for it and looked at the message.

Mina Ashido: Meet me in the common room?? :)

[Y/n] raised a brow but thought  'why not' and changed out of the school uniform and into comfy clothes before heading to the common room.