[Midoriya] Friends With Benefits Part Two

Word count: 812

Midoriya stayed up a little later that night just staring at the ceiling pensively. If he didn't act soon, some guy could come out of nowhere and swoop [Y/n] up before he knew it.

He let out a 'hmph', allowing determination to fill his being as he started formulating a plan to ask her out and, if she said yes, figuring out what kind of date to take her on.

That same night, [Y/n] had a vivid dream about her best friend that left her wide awake with reddened cheeks. It felt so weird seeing him in a whole new way but she couldn't say she didn't like it. She decided she couldn't go on like this much longer and needed to form a course of action.

[Y/n] freshened up and got dressed then trotted to Mina's room for help.

"So what do you think I should do?" [Y/n] chewed on her lip after spilling about everything.

Mina's jaw was still dropped from the news. How did their plain, dorky classmate gain the romantic attention of one of the prettiest girls at school?! After the initial shock, Mina gathered herself and mustered up the best advice she could.

"Dude, you're way too hot for him, he'd be stupid to turn you away! You can ask him out in the worst way imaginable and he's still gonna say yes! Ask if he wants to go to the cultural festival, but be as flirty as you can - he'll probably be a little dense." Mina nudged her and winked with a gleaming smile.

"Oh my gosh, Mina, you're a lifesaver!" [Y/n] gushed and attacked the pink girl in a hug, to which she laughed about and hugged back.

"No problem! Hey, since Midoriya is close friends with Todoroki, do you think he could put in a good word for me?" Mina asked, her arms in a 90° angle forming a fist on each hand.

[Y/n] let out a laugh but nodded. "For sure!"

The girls parted ways and [Y/n] returned to her dorm, brainstorming sentences to use when she asked him to go to the festival with her.

"'Hey, so there's this event thing... It could be lame but do you maybe... Want to go with me?' Ah, no, that's stupid..." She muttered to herself and shrieked when she saw Midoriya sitting criss-cross on her bed.

"S-sorry! I was hoping to surprise you but you weren't here so um... I stayed? I can leave if you want!"

Midoriya totally heard her rehearsing lines to ask someone out; he was the master of talking to himself and knew exactly what that sounded like. He tried hiding the hurt and got up to leave, but [Y/n] bravely put a hand on his lean chest and swallowed the lump in her throat.

"No, uh, stay! We can hang out, it's the weekend after all. Unless you have somewhere you need to be, I totally understand!"

They were both a mess and it was all because they unknowingly had a crush on each other. It was beyond their classmates how neither of them knew their feelings were reciprocated but no one intervened in hopes it could unravel on its own, and it has - sluggishly.

"I don't mind staying..." Midoriya stated, acting a little more sheepish than normal considering it was just them. He felt off being with a girl who could potentially be someone else's girlfriend in the near future. It almost felt morally wrong. He decided they'd hang out but nothing like what they've been doing would ensue anymore.

They played a multi-player game and had loads of fun - that is until [Y/n] felt cuddly again.

"Movie?" She single-wordedly offered and Midoriya tried evading what he knew she wanted to do.

"N-nah, I kinda just feel like playing some more?" He said but worded it more as a question.

"Oh, yeah, okay…!" [Y/n] similarly couldn't hide how disheartened she became but pushed it aside so they could keep playing.

"I'm, uh, kind of tired… Do you wanna fall asleep like we did the other day?" [Y/n] asked later on with a shy smile that made Midoriya's heart hammer in his chest.

"If you're tired I'll just leave you to sleep! I got lucky I woke up before nightfall that day because if someone found us, we could've gotten in a lot of trouble..."

He had a point, she thought. But she couldn't help but also think he got bored of her already and was thinking of taking action on another girl.

The two were now hesitant on wanting to ask each other out, both thinking the other found new interest.

[everyone is ooc, even my reader insert :') the next one, and possibly last one in this series, gets a little all over the place but bear with me, friends]