3

I was in a room grinding herbs. I was making medicine for captain Ukitake for next week. It had been a week since I last gave it to him.

I heard footsteps and the door opened to reveal my captain. I gave a bow. She smiled as she took the herbs and smelled them.

"very good saki. You are very talented," she said.

"thank you, captain, was there a reason for you visit?" I said.

"yes. Can you go out of the seireitei and get some more supplies?" she asked.

"of course. I'll leave when I've finished this." I said.

After a few minutes, I was finished and I stood up and went to one of the districts. I walked through buying the supplies and I was finished after an hour. I was on my way back when a group of people surrounded me.

I sighed. I left my zanpakuto's at home not that I needed them. I didn't carry them with me everywhere because it wasn't needed it only made people more afraid of you and when outside the seireitei and that wasn't ideal.

One grabbed me and I had every intention of beating them but I froze as an image formed in my head. Now was not the time for this.

Images of my past flashed through my head and I was punched to the ground. I felt them tackle me and the images got worse. I was frozen in fear.

Who will you call to save you?
Who will you put your trust in?

My eyes opened. I can and will save myself. I kicked one off of me and grabbed the other by the neck and threw him away. And I pushed the third away. I stood up and looked at the three.

They were mad and circled around me. My first clenched and I dodged his punch and smashed him against a wall. He was knocked out. I spun around kicking another in the gut and he went crashing into the wall and also got knocked out.

The last one went running but I flashed stepped in front of him and punched him in the throat and hit the back of his neck and he passed out. I sighed dusting the dirt off me and went back to walking to my squad.

~~~~

"see Jushiro I told you she would be fine," Shunsui said to his friend.

Jushiro just watched her walk away. Something just happened to her. Yea she was attacked but at first, she froze up. He didn't think that was normal for her.

"how did you even know something was wrong?" Shunsui asked.

"just a feeling," Jushiro said with a shrug.

He just felt something wrong and he acted on it. Shunsui was with him and tagged along and they arrived in time to see her break out of her daze.

They followed her until she got back to her squad and they went back to theirs. Jushiro sat down looking at paperwork as his mind kept wondering to Saki. He didn't know what happened when he felt something was wrong. And he was confused. Why did he know?