18

I was still beyond exhausted but I had something to do. I walked through the soul society and soon came to squad thirteen. I walked in and the third seats looked at me worried. They didn't want me to see something.  I was already fully aware of what Ukitake was doing which is why I was here.

"miss Saki please, " they said.

I'm here for his checkup is something wrong?" I asked.

They stood back knowing full well they could beat me right now. I walked in and there was a closed door. I opened it without even knocking shocking the two third seats.

Ukitake turned to look at me surprised. My eyes narrowed seeing what he was doing.

"Saki, " he said.

"are you a fool. This could be seen as tresone you idiot. And do you really think you are in any state to break that seal. Any normal person would struggle to do it in five days and you want it done by tomorrow, " I scolded.

He didn't stop as his face went serious. How annoying.

"do you plan on stopping me?" he asked.

I huffed and turned away from him.

"I'm conflicted. On one side my brain is telling me to stop you. That what your doing is putting yourself in danger for no reason. But on the other side my heart is telling me to help you. That if you didn't think it was worth the risk you wouldn't do it and I should believe in you. So tell me what should I do?" I said.

He turned away from me a small smile playing on his face.

"I can't tell you. It's up to you what you do. I would rather you help me but I won't blame you for stopping me. It's your choice, " he said.

That comment is what helped me decided. He could have easily told me helping him was the best choice that would be what's best for him. But no the idiot has to be a kind man.

I took a step forward and began helping undo the seal. He looked at me shocked but smiled nonetheless.

"you sure you have enough energy?" he asked.

"what makes you think I don't?" I shot back.

"I can feel your reishi it's weak right now because you're tired. I can only imagine how much work you've had to do, " he said.

"im fine. I can get through it, " I said.

"id rather you-" he began but I cut him off.

"oh hush unless you want me to change my mind, " I warned.

He sent me an worries look as we continued. Now he wasn't wrong. I didn't have much energy left. So when I finished I probably couldn't do much because of how weak I would be.

But when I looked at Jushiro I found myself wanting to trust him. I looked down at the necklace he gave me and my gut twisted. My desire to find a treatment has grown recently.

Is it perhaps because I've gotten to know him. Because I don't want him to die. But why do I care? Why do I want to help him? I never wanted to care about anyone. But recently that's been happening. Kazuki and Jushiro both have seemed to make me care. Damn idiots