6

I looked over captain Ukitake. Which I already did on a regular basis, so nothing was different here. Other than the fact he seemed a little more flustered than usual.

"why are you so nervous. Does someone who you see as a little boy really put you on edge." I asked.

I watched him tense and I let a smile creep onto my face as I turned away from him. I could tell he was trying to find something to say. I finished his checkup and nothing has changed since I last saw him. I filled out the file and prepared to send him off until he spoke.

"how are you feeling. I can tell how stressed you've been today," he asked.

Now it was my turn to tense. which I didn't need any more of right now. He walked up behind me placing a hand on my shoulder and looked at my face with worry.

"seriously Saki how are you. You're always helping and worrying about others. Isn't it time to let someone do that for you?" he said.

I rolled my eyes taking a step away from him not meeting his gaze.

"how absurd. I have no need for someone to help or worry about me." I said.

He just sighed and I turned to see him looking down.

"your checkup is over. You're free to leave." I said.

He nodded and walked away. Once he was gone I looked down. I could never trust anyone again. Never. It's better to be alone. Less chance of being hurt.

~~~~

Jushiro sighed sitting in his office. He found himself worrying about Saki. Shunsui walked in to see his friend looking worried. He walked in sitting down with sake.

Jushiro took a glass having a drink with his friend. When the finished they sat in silence. Shunsui smiled at Jushiro.

"Unohana told me Saki's birthday is coming up." shunsui said.

Jushiro smiled but looked back at shunsui as he spoke.

"but we have to be careful. Unohana told me she's not fond of her birthday." shunsui said.

Jushiro looked at shunsui confused.

"I do not see why I should celebrate my birth. If anything I should regret it happening.'that's why Unohana told me what Saki said." shunsui explained.

Jushiro looked down sadly. But looked up with a smile as a plan formed in his head.

"will you join me for a shopping trip shunsui?" Jushiro asked.

Shunsui smiled as he took another sip of his sake.

"wouldn't miss it for the world. This should be fun." shunsui said with a cheeky grin.

Jushiro held a small smile thinking about Saki. She had such talent and a kind heart. Despite hiding it. He truly cared for her. And wanted to see a real smile. Which he could only imagine how beautiful it was.

But as of now, she was still so closed off to everyone. Even him. And he wished to be someone to support her like she supported him and many others.

He wanted her to be happy she was born.