23

I arrived at some training grounds from just seeing the ryoka off. I stood on a hill watching Kazuki training.

Yes, we needed medics during the upcoming battle but if we couldn't defend ourselves we would only be a burden.

I used flash step and appeared behind him holding one of my blades to his throat.

"be aware of your surroundings, " I said.

I let him go and he spun around to attack but I easily blocked him and pushed him back. He continued to attack which was easy to deflect. But I took this time to observe his stance. I kicked his feet from under him and held my blade to his throat.

"your stance is far to tense and ridged. Losen up a bit and stay calm. We have to stay calm. We're the people that watch people die if we're unable to heal them. We're often their last chance. So we have to stay calm even in the most tragic situations, " I said.

He stood up taking a deep breath. Our blades cashed and I changed from defensive to offensive. He struggled to hold me back and he was soon on the floor panting. I drew my other blade and he looked at me shocked before rolling away from my attack and stood up. At least he wasn't hopeless.

I went to strike again but he jumped back. He took a different stance and the air slightly changed. What was he going to do?.

"discover and rewire, Shinkei, " he called.

His zanpakuto was surrounded by a green light as it turned to a whip with a vine that was the whip A gold handle with gold flowers connecting to the vine. And that same gold flower at the tip of the whip. He cracked it and a loud sound rang through the air. (pic below is what it looks like)

He aimed it at me and it hit my right leg making it string

He aimed it at me and it hit my right leg making it string. I jumped back to see a red mark on my thigh. That couldn't be all there was to this. As if I'm cue I felt my leg becoming numb. What the heck. It wasn't poisoned I could tell within a second if it was.

He struck again but I managed to dodge but within second another attack came hitting my left upper arm. It again stung leaving a red mark. I had to say he was good with that whip I was not used to fighting against such a weapon.

But my thought was cut short when suddenly my left arm became numb and I dropped my blade with the purple hilt. Dosu. So now my left arm and right leg were completely numb.
If I focused hard enough I could move them but it was hard and he didn't give me the time. I seathed Hasu and picked up Dosu and jumped away.

I watched Kazuki carefully. I had to figure out what was happening to counter it. I could rule out poison immediately. So based on his zanpakuto's name it had something to do with nerves considering that what it translates to.

He struck at me again but I managed to dodge. But in the end, he hit me again for the third time on the right arm. But it didn't Leave a red mark. In fact, all the red marks left. And my body soon became completely numb.

I concentrated and he went to hit me again and a barely managed to roll away. But the inevitable happened and he hit me again. For the fifth time. But this was weird. I went to move my right arm but my left leg did. When I went to move my head my right leg moved.

The realization came crashing down. He was messing with my nerves. The first two hits basically made the nerves useless by messing with the way my brain processed and recover the information. The third hit did that for my whole body. And the fourth hit rewire my nerves and how my brain saw things making it so when I moved one part of my body my brain thought it was a different part.

I moved every part of my getting a feeling for what moved what. Once I did I grabbed my swords and jumped back from another attack.

His ability was still affecting me. I just figured out what moves what. Don't get me wrong it was hard and I was still messing up. But I could move.

He went to him again and after the four first moves, I started to get a good sense for his fighting style meaning I could dodge effectively.

But he hit me again and the whip hurt like hell this time. I cringed and blood spilled from my arm where it hit.

So now the attacks actually were meant to damage me.

"I must say you are beyond impressive sempai to have figured it out, I decided to not go easy on you because you deserve me to actually try, " he said.

I let my reishi run through my body and I watched his mood change as he tried to hit me again. I moved despite how damn hard and confusing it was. After a few minutes of this the effects wore off and I talked him the ground.

His abilities only lasted an indefinite and unknown to me amount of time.

"I'm impressed with your skill. I actually had to try and think there, thank you for the challenge, " I said helping him up.

We soon went our separate ways. When I returned home I heard my zanpakuto's talk.

"he was impressive." Hasu said.

"given the right training he could become a serious force to be reckoned with, " Dosu said.

"whether he can get that training in time is the question, " I mumbled.