33

I was talking to Kisuke when Orihime cane down. She explained to us what Aizen was planning. I sighed as worried filled me. But I was drawn back when Kisuke spoke to Orihime.

He told her to stay out of the fight to come. She wasn't needed she would be a burden. I sighed as Chad defended her only for Renji to butt in. Orihime ran off and I sighed looking at Kisuke.

"that was cruel Kisuke. You could have been nicer, " I said.

"it needed to be done, " he said.

"you know it may be too late. She may have already caught his eye, " I said.

Kisuke sighed knowing I was right. He was trying to protect her from Aizen. If he wanted her power he would do anything to get it. So it was best for her to stay out of this for she would be put in grave danger.

"hows the poison going?" Kisuke asked changing the subject.

"better than before. I should have a poison soon, " I said.

I soon walked outside and took a deep breath. Despite all the bad, that was going on right now one thought still sat in the back of my mind. How did I feel about Ukitake?

I was scared of liking him. I've never had to deal with anything like this. It's a foreign concept to me.

A few hours passed and the sun was setting. I walked around the streets when I heard Rukia call my name. I turned to see her with Orihime.

"were going to the soul society to train. Would you like to join us, " she said.

I sighed taking her hand and walking away so Orihime wouldn't hear me.

" I understand you're trying to help. But she isn't the type to be involved in a war. She is far too kind. And this isn't an insult. It's a good feature but it's true. A kind soul like her may not be able to stomach a war, " I said.

"and is that our choice whether she can participate or not, " Rukia shot back.

I sighed looking up at the moon.

"very well I will come as well. But know this I warned you, " I said.

Rukia nodded and I walked with them. We soon walked through the sekimindo.
We got there at night and waited till the morning for Rukia to request what she wanted.

Ukitake gave them permission and they soon left to go train leaving Jushiro and me alone.

"so you came back with them, " he said.

"yea, " I said.

I felt awkward after the conversation I had with my zanpakuto's.

"how has your health been?" I asked

He smiled as he looked up at the sky.

"don't worry about me. You have a lot to deal with in the world of the living, " he said.

I sighed. He turned to me placing his hand on my head. He held a warm smile as he met my gaze.

We stood there for a moment my heart pounding

We stood there for a moment my heart pounding. I felt my face begin to heat up. Please don't notice.

His attention was drawn away when his third seats called. I turned away with a sigh. He soon went to do something leaving me alone.

I hit my cheek scolding my myself. Stop this stupidity. You know you can't have these feelings for anyone.

I turned to see him walking away. It was better this way. To keep my distance as much as possible. That would best for both of us.