26

I signed as the handheld a butterfly flew away. I was to join a team to go to the world of the living. However, before I left I had to visit Jushiro for one last checkup before I was gone for a while.

So I soon made it to his barracks to see him leisurely drinking done tea. I felt sorry prick at me and I cursed myself. Dam it why did I open up to him. I watched him smile as he turned in my direction.

"what brings you here Saki

"what brings you here Saki. I don't believe we're due for a check-up, " he said.

I sighed taking a step forward. I sat by him and the aroma of his tea filled my nose.

"you're drinking one of my blends, " I mumbled.

He laughed scratching the back of his head.

"of course you would notice. But yes. I find them quite delicious despite being healthy, " he said.

I sat there and looked up at the sky. How was I supposed to talk to him? The last time we spoke I was a crying mess. He must think so little of me now.

I felt him grabbed my hand that was pulling at my sleeve without me even noticing. I looked at him confused.

"you know when you're nervous you fiddle with your sleeves. Why are you so nervous?" he said?

I huffed covering my face with my sleeve and turning away from him. He laughed and I looked to see a wide smile plastered across his face.

"if this is about the other day don't be so uptight. I very much appreciated you opened up to me. And our conversation will reach no other ears unless you want it to. I wouldn't betray your trust like that, " he said.

I stood up. This mam was ridiculous. How did he break down my walls? I spent so much time keeping people away from them.

"i came for one last checkup. I'll be joining a team to go to the world of the living soon and thought I would see you before I left. As your doctor and all, " I said.

So our checkup commenced. I spent the next hour looking over everything and he seemed as healthy as could be expected from him.

I was about to leave but he grabbed my hand before I could go. I turned to meet his gaze and my heart slightly sped up.

"be careful. Okay. I'll be sad if anything happens to you, " he said.

I laughed and for once on such a very long time to was real. I meant it. I was smiling and laughing for real.

"You worry too much. I may be leaven for a bit. But you will never get rid of me for good. So don't get your hopes up. You're stuck with me, " I said.

"is that a promise?" he questioned.

"my word Jushiro Ukitake on how much I love lotus, " I said.

He took a strand of my hair wrapping it around his finger. And I found myself leaning closer to him. Our faces were centimetres apart but I quickly began to leave.

"see you around captain Ukitake, " I said.

I walked away to meet the others that were on the team and would show up soon.

~~~~

Jushiro watched her leave as I loneliness fell upon him. He already missed the firey girl. But he smiled really to see a real smile from her finally.

He was looking forward to seeing her again. And glad he's gotten closer to her. That she's finally opening up to him. But what worried him was his feeling for the girl.

What would he do about it?