19

The seal was almost broken and Jushiro looked at me.

"go on ahead. I can take it from here, " he said.

I reluctantly left and headed to the execution. I used flash step and after a bit, I arrived just in time to see Rukia being lifted into the air.

My heart thumped in my chest. Jushiro better hurry up. I wasn't standing by the other but Unohana noticed me. She met my gaze an I looked away sadly.

I heard someone come up and it was Kazuki. He met my gaze.

"so you did come Saki-sama, " he said.

I looked up at Rukia. For a life to be taken like this is cruel. But I will watch. It's the least she deserved. But I hoped jushiro would arrive on time.

"Kazuki I suggest you don't get involved in what's about to happen, " I said.

I sensed a strong spiritual pressure coming. The Ryoka. Kazuki looked at me and determination filled his eyes.

"I'll stand by you, Saki-sama, " he said.

I gave a slightly bitter laugh. Those were empty words. If he knew me truly he would abandon me without a second thought.

I watched as the Sokyoku was unsealed turning into a Phoenix. It went to strike but stopped mid-attack. The ryoka got here just in time.

The Sokyoku went to attack again. The ryoka went to block again. But he couldn't do it again. I placed my hand on one of my zanpakuto's preparing to intervene but I didn't have to. Jushiro finally showed.

I watched and Shunsui and Jushiro destroyed the Sokyoku. I turned to Kazuki and his shocked gaze met mine.

"nows the time for you to not get involved, " I warned.

The shock left and he again showed that same determination as he placed his hand in his zanpakuto.

"i already told you I'll stand by your side, " he said.

My gaze slightly gentled.

"don't say I didn't warn you, " I said.

I jumped forward with him by my side. The stand of the Sokyoku came crumbling down as Renji showed up. Rukia was thrown down to Renji. I signed as he ran obviously still injured.

"Kazuki follow Renji and heal him, " I said.

He nodded and left. The lieutenants that were here went after the two only to be stopped by the ryoka.

He blocked Byakuya's attack but I ran past them as one of the third seats of squad thirteen ran to Isane. But was stooped by soi-fon. Jushiro looked worried but he met my gaze and calmed as he was dragged away by Shunsui.

I jumped in front of Soi-fon forcing her away from Kiyone. She glared at me.

"so you had something to do with this. To think you were ever part of the stealth force, " she said.

"Alas, I was moved for a reason. But my skill has not dwindled in the slightest, " I said.

We went to attack only for a familiar face to show. Yoruichi. The two left and I kneeled by Kiyone healing her. She watched as I did so.

Three minutes later I moved to the lieutenants and began healing them. But something landed behind us. I turned to see Unohana who had her Shikai activated. It ate every injured person but Isane. I jumped up beside Unohana as we flew off.

"you were apart of this, " she said.

"i know I will be punished but I decided to go with my gut feeling, " I said.

"you'll accompany along with Isane to investigate central 46. Something is wrong, " she said.

I nodded as we flew to squad four.