PTSD. (306)

MADISON'S POV.

I bounce up the steps of the porch and push the front door open, closing it softly behind me incase Kara is still asleep, Fangs is hot on my tail. I walk through the sitting room where Jenna sits sharpening her knives.
"Where did you go?" She asks.
"None of your business." I snap as I walk into the kitchen.

"We heard that." Rick calls me out. Kara is awake in his arms and Michonne sits next to him playing with Kara and Judith sits on her lap too.
Michonne looks up at me. "You two used to get along just fine."
"Things have changed." I shrug.
Michonne narrows her eyes at me in suspicion.

"Anyways..." I change the subject.
"Is Carl awake yet ?"
"No, which is strange. He never sleeps this long." Rick notes.
"You look better rested." Michonne notices.
"Yeah, I feel it too."
"You finally slept?" She asks, hopeful.
I nod with a smile.
"Good, then you can focus on eating."
I make a face and she shakes her head.

"Sit. You're not leaving her until you ear at least two slices of toast."
"Michonne." I moan.
"Nope. That's not asking for much." She adds as she slides a plate with the cooked bread over to me. I sit down next to them and Fangs even lies down too.
I sigh and grab a slice and dramatically take a bite out of it.
"Mmmm, so good." I say flatly.
Michonne rolls her eyes but Rick just laughs.
"You don't want butter?" She questions.
"Nope." I take another bite.

It tastes like cardboard in my mouth. I focus on chewing and swallowing rather than tasting and throwing up. I quickly tear the next slice in half and stuff half in my mouth at the same time as standing up again and taking Kara from Rick. I hurry to give the other half to Fangs who gulfs it down in half a second.
"Thank you." I tell them but the words are practically incomprehensible as I chew the toast on the way out the door.

I pass through the sitting room again and Jenna stands up abruptly, standing in my way.
I stare at her blankly.
"What's your problem?" She finally asks.
"My problem?" I reply.
"Yeah. You're being a bitch to me."
"That's rich coming from someone who has barely looked at me since I got back."
"Excuse me?"
"You're excused." I snap as I try to walk around her but she steps in my way again, getting really close to my face."
"I'm not finished here."
"Well, I am." I retort.

Again, she gets in my face.
Fangs growls viciously at her which makes her face fall slightly.
"You better back up because if I drop this baby there is nothing stopping me from from grabbing one of your pretty little knives and causing some damage." That was way too far and I know it.

She squints her eyes and her jaw locks in place like she's stopping herself from snapping back at me. Part of me wishes she would.
"Are you gonna explain why you're being a bitch to me?"
"Yeah, when you tell me what you and Carl have been getting up to these days." I reply, too chilled.
I watch as goosebumps rise on Jenna's arms and her jaw falls slightly.

The shock in her eyes almost amuses me.
"I'm not an idiot. I notice things. Maybe I wouldn't be mad, only you didn't tell me and I heard you yesterday morning."
She doesn't have anything to say and she looks down at the ground.
"We'll figure this out." I quote her.

That's what she said to Carl yesterday morning.
I watch the blood rush to her cheeks.
"You were never planning on telling me, were you?" I whisper, unable to get the words out.
"I was..." she cuts herself off when she looks up at me.
"I don't know...no." She corrects.
"That stings, J." I add and I finally walk around her. She doesn't stop me. I walk from the room, upstairs.

I'm not as mad at Carl, but only if he was with her for reasons I think he was with her for, trying to move on. Still, he should've told me too, it would've been nice to know. Plus, I do feel a little jealous.