Up In Flames. (327)

MADISON'S POV.

"Who is that my little eye spots over there?" Negan smiles his devilish smirk.
"Surprised to see me ?" He taunts.
I walk closer to him, hoping that it'll stop his shouting and prevent Rick and Aaron from coming outside and getting caught.

If they walk out at the wrong time, unarmed, Negan has a clear shot at them and he won't hesitate.
"We all thought you were dead." Simon calls.
"I was. It didn't stick."
He chuckles.

Fangs growls before baring his teeth and barking loudly, intimidatingly. I spot somebody lift their gun and point it at him.
"Try it, I dare you. You shoot my dog and I promise you, I'll shove that gun so far up your ass you'll be choking up tiny pieces of it for months." I threaten.
Negan laughs loudly and just as annoyingly as I remember.
"Damn Mads, you haven't changed a bit."

"What are you waiting for? An invitation ?" I sigh, changing the subject. "If I were you I would've bombed the place before making the announcement that you're here." I roll my eyes.
"That was plan A, which, by the way was rudely interrupted when you walked out into plain sight." Negan explains.
"You still could've done it."
"No, I couldn't."
"Wow, Negan, it almost sounds like you care about me."

He just shrugs.
"Mercy won't help you win. So, before shit hits the fan here, I want you to know something. What happened to us in the past is exactly that. The past. I don't owe you anything and you don't owe me. My family want you dead so you'll be dead and I'll be helping them."
He takes a deep breath while clutching Lucille tightly. His nostrils are flared and his face has turned a shade of red.

I lived with him for months but even without that, it doesn't take a genius to realize how angry he is.
"You have thirty seconds to run and get that baby the hell out of here before I start turning this place to dust. Do you understand ?" He spits through his teeth.

Rick is still in the cell with Aaron and Malia, we haven't gotten along lately but he's my dad and I love him. I feel my heart strings pull as I realize I have to choose between saving Rick or my baby.
"I said, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" He repeats more intensely.
I nod.
"One...two...three..."

I quickly turn on my heels and sprint in the direction of the graveyard, where I last left Kara and Judith with Jenna. Fangs is right beside me, still faster, but keeping pace. I find myself running at a speed I didn't know I could achieve, I run so fast the balls of my feet throb as they hit the ground repeatedly.

Before I even reach the graveyard I spot that perfectly curled, blonde hair from the corner of my eye as I abruptly halt.
"JENNA!" I practically scream.
My eyes scan her frantically and my heart drops when the kids are nowhere to be seen.

"Jenna!" I call again and this time she turns to me with her usual dazzling smile but before I can call for help an explosion is set off behind me, sending me hurdling to the ground practically to her feet.

With no time to spare, she helps me to my feet and her smile is replaced with a grimace. She takes out two of her knives and twirls them in her hands. Ready for trouble.
"Where's Kara and Judith?" I gasp.
"With Carl-"

I don't wait for the rest of what she has to say.
"NEGAN'S HERE!" I call over my shoulder to her.
I don't look back after that, my only focus is to find my baby and get her safely out of here. Judith too.

Panicked tears blind me as I turn the corners of the streets, running as quickly as my short legs can carry me, bolting down the street with the speed of a bullet leaving a gun. I quicken my pace to an all out sprint. My shoes pound noisily against the ground, resonating off the walls of other houses around me.