Vengeance. (319)

CARL'S POV.

Madison, dad and I kneel on the floor continuing to cover ourselves in walker guts again. I watch Madison. She isn't fully concentrating on what she's doing she just glares at Clovers unmoving body.

Clover's chest rises and falls at an alarmingly slow rate, surely her lungs are screaming for more air. Her head dangles limply to the side and drool flows down the side of her face and clings to the floor like a string.

Images of Madison on this drug flash through my head in the most disgusting way. I imagine her like this unconscious almost, barely even able to move, yet fully aware of everything that's happening around her, voices, pain, touch...
I picture her strapped to the bed like that, just like the other patients. Or worse, strapped to that chair.

I feel my stomach turn and the room suddenly feels like it's on fire, the heat prickling my skin, threatening to ignite it as my head begins to spin. I gag at the thought of her so defenseless, letting anyone and anything do what they wanted to her in this state.

The noise breaks Madison's glare and she turns to me at the same time dad does.
"You okay?" She asks.
I nod even though I want to scream at her how awful this place is and how I'm sorry I ever forced her to explain to me what happened. Especially when Rosita's body lays less than a foot away from me and lord knows what's left of Gabriel. I gag again. I've been here only over an hour and I can't wait to get out, if we even make it out, I can't imagine how she felt here for weeks. How did she survive.

I nod. "I'm fine."
"You?" I add.
She nods before standing to her feet. I copy her actions. I hand her bow to her
"I just need to do this, I know you think I'm insane, I know you don't really understand but this is what I want, this is what I need. We need to get to the roof."

"You show us the way." Dad agrees.
"Sort the dog out and I'll look after Clover." She plans.
Dad sighs and the same time that he kneels, mumbling a string of cusses complaining about "that stupid damn dog."

Dad touches up on fangs' coat of guts. The dog growls at him and bares his teeth but not in the same way he did to Clover, even I nearly shit myself when that happened. I don't know how Madison found this dog or what it was that made them get along, but I do know that I will never be comfortable knowing that this dog could literally loose it one day and start ripping out limbs for fun.

Dad swats at the dog as he continues to growl at him.
"Shut up, I will literally cook you up for dinner." He threatens but then dog keeps staring at him.
"Madison? Will you control this mutt?"
I look over to her as take in the awful job she done at covering Clover with guts. I doubt she cares if she's compromised or not.
She ignores dads comments and wipes her hands on the cloth she wears.
"Guns?" She asks.
"I gave them to Kai when they left."
She nods.

"Let's get going. Carl help me carry her ?" Madison asks.
I nod.
"And I'll walk in front." Dad amends.
Madison hesitates before nodding.
Fangs growls loudly as Mads and I heave Clover into our arms.
"It's okay Fangs." Madison grunts as she tries to balance Clovers weight. Clover groans.
She's heavier than she looks.
"Make one sound and I'll sow your mouth closed." Madison whispers into Clovers ear.

The firm, stone set look on Madison's face is one I've never seen before. She looks almost blood thirsty, high off revenge. I don't like it.
We hide behind the door, carrying Clover between us. She bends in half as Madison has her feet and I have her upper body. This is more ideal than carrying her above us. The walkers are stupid, but they're not that stupid.

I hear dad take a deep breath before looking back at us.
"Ready?" He mouths.
We both nod, fangs sticks close to Madison's side, aware of what's about to come again. I just hope he doesn't trip her up ... maybe dad was right, the dog shouldn't be here.