Warning. (311)

MADISON'S POV.

My hands are sweaty against the steering wheel. I never liked driving. I don't even claim to be good at it, I'm horrible in fact. I always change the wrong gear and it makes a god awful sound, I swerve in and out of the lines and I'm in a constant state of fear that I'll flip the car at only 40 miles an hour.
Still, it's faster than walking and I plan on getting home as soon as I can.

I don't want anybody to notice my disappearance. I only need to be gone an hour. I have my bow and arrows and I brought Fangs along with me too. He chills in the back of the car with his head stuck out the window and his tongue dangling out to the side.

All I'm gonna do is drive to the sanctuary, leave the letter at the gate and hurry home. I'll leave it to fate to see if Negan gets ahold of my drunken scribbles. The letter is embarrassing and sloppy but it's also raw and true. Ironically, I needed to hear what I had to say, I was avoiding it. He needs to hear it too.

Fangs barks loudly in delight. This must be something completely new for him and I know now that anytime I open a car door he'll force his way in for another adventure.

"How are you back there bud?" I call back.
He strains his head out further through the window and pants heavily.
"Don't dare jump out because I ain't turning around to get your ass." I warn.
Fangs just barks again, having too much fun to care what I have to say.

I keep my eyes on the road, weaving in and out of countless walkers and car wrecks. I drive even slower as I near the familiar path. I let the car roll into a stop as I start to rethink my decision. This is stupid, but I can't go back without saying the things I need to say to Negan and finding out that woman's name.

I twist the keys to kill the engine. Grabbing my bow and arrow from the passenger seat and hopping out, I prepare myself for whatever lies ahead. I open the back door and Fangs eagerly hops out.
"We should walk the rest of the way in." I say to Fangs.

We walk together for a few miles in silence until eventually we reach the gates. I pause, nervously.
Quit being stupid Madison. Just leave the letter and go.
I walk forward to the gate until I'm able to touch it. I quietly bend and leave the letter on the ground.

I quickly turn on my heels and hurry back, but only two foot from the gate I hear someone shout.
"Where do you think you're going ?"
I mentally slap myself.
The watchers in the towers must have seen me coming. I groan loudly.
When I turn back around I watch as one of the guards in the tower whisper back and forth to each other before the gate nosily slides open.

I take a deep breath before walking inside the gates. The guard climbs down to meet me face to face. His eyes catch something behind me and he has another guard fetch it.
The letter.

"What's this?"
"None of your business."
"You don't mind if I open it then?" He teases with a smirk.
I just laugh. I know he wouldn't dare. Everyone here is shit scared of Negan.
"Please, do. I'd love to watch you explain to Negan why you opened a letter clearly addressed to him." I smile back and his smirk quickly fades, replaced with a angry frown.

Fangs starts to growl as the guard steps closer.
"The dog stays out there."
"The dog comes with me." I argue.
"You're not in a position to protest."
"And you're in a standing position nearly a hand stretch away which means with a click of my fingers you could be dead in less than ten seconds. Fangs really likes going for the throat, he likes a good spleen too..."