One day. (338)

MADISON'S POV.

I hurry to the school, I don't want to be late to collect them. I hate this though, I really do. On the days where Carl can't come with me to collect them, I stand outside by myself and watch as the group of older moms throw glances of disapproval my way. I mean, what century is this? Teen moms aren't that uncommon.

There's this one bitch-ass mom who always has something to say to me and when I snap back, because I always do, it's the new mom goss of the week.

Her name is Ruth.
Ugh, even her name is annoying! Everything about her is annoying and worst of all her son likes to pick on Kara. He taunts her and teases her and even pushes her around. I know it's because she's small but I've seen him walk out of school with black eyes too so I know I don't need to worry. I know that's my daughters doing and to be honest I'm glad, because if she didn't do it, I'm afraid that I would and apparently now that would be considered 'illegal'.

I know it shouldn't bother me that the other moms talk about me but I can't help it. They make me feel like I'm a bad mom just because I'm younger. Negan says it's because they're threatened by me but when I see how they huddle together to snicker and point, I find it hard to believe him.

When I finally get there, I wait at the white painted fence that surrounds the school itself and the playground. From behind me I can already hear the women laughing at me. I clench my teeth together but stay focused on the shut doors. The minute they open, Kara is always the first out, with her bag barely even swung over her shoulder yet. She'd always say 'I don't want to be in there a second longer than I have to be.'

Yet, when the doors finally open she's nowhere to be seen. Even Judith looks concerned as she makes her way over to me.
"Um, the teacher wants to see you inside." She explains.
I sigh, knowing exactly what's happened already.
"Okay." I grab Judith's hand and start for the door but stop as I hear hurried footsteps approaching us.

"Sorry I'm late." Carl puffs as Ruth storms past us in a stuff, she practically scoffs at us as she marches towards the school doors.
"Kara?"." He guesses as we both make our way inside.
"Honestly, at this point I think trouble just finds her."

Ruth turns around to throw us a dirty look as she purposefully slams the door in our faces. Carl rolls his good eye and pushes the door open for me.
"Ugh, that lady needs to chill out." Judith comments impatiently as we step inside.
Her hand slips out of mine as Carl ushers her to the side.

"You should wait here." He murmurs to her as I continue through another door. I know the way to my daughter's classroom. I've been called back after school plenty of times before.

Kara is sitting down on a chair, at the opposite side of the room from Ruth's shitty offspring. I presume by the look on the teachers face that this wasn't Kara's doing. I know Kara is aware that I'm in the room but she focuses her glare on Tyrone.

Ruth fusses over him as she holds a cloth to his nose which pumps blood everywhere. His shirt is stained red. His eye is also black.

I look back to Kara who slouches in the chair with her arms crossed and a hard frown plastered on her face.
Finally, Carl arrives and takes one look between Kara and Tyrone.
"Jesus Christ!" He groans under his breath.

"Madison, Carl and Ruth...this is getting ridiculous. This is the third time this month I've had to call you in because of an incident between your children."
It's clear that Mrs. Andrews is not impressed.

"Well, maybe if Tyrone kept his dumb mouth shut there wouldn't be an incident." Kara snaps.
"Kara!" Carl scolds.
She sits back again and sighs dramatically, finally taking her eyes off of Tyrone. She looks up at us, not an once of guilt or regret in her eyes.
I feel my a smirk on my lips from her impulsive words but Carl turns around to glare at me.
He's right, I shouldn't encourage her.