Always Running. (349)

MADISON'S POV.

I feel somebody poke my shoulder and I groan, turning my head in the opposite direction.
The poking gets harder.
"Guys, wake up!"
"GET UP MADS!" Carl roars and I'm suddenly sitting up, the room around me spinning. I blink several times and try to make sense of what's going on.

I look at Carl and he rolls his eye.
"About time. Jesus!" He complains, throwing the blanket off us in one hand and looking at his watch with the other.

I shake Kai awake and he sits up too. He looks just as confused as I was and then his eyes focus on my face. He smiles and points to his chin. I follow his action and wipe drool from my chin.
Great.
"Dreaming of me again?" He teases.
I scoff, hitting his shoulder lightly and climbing off of him, allowing him to sit properly.

"We've got guests." Carl points behind us and I twist to see Carol, Ezekiel and Henry in the door way.
I smile. "Hey Zeeks."
He frowns. "We agreed you'd stop calling me that."
"No, you agreed."
"Cut it out." Ezekiel grumbles as they take a seat next to us.

"Zeeko?" I tease.
"No."
"Zeekie?"
"Nope."
"How about just 'Zed'"
"It's getting worse."

"So, What brings you here?" I chuckle.
"Henry is flying the coop." Ezekiel frowns.
"Oh, right, yes. You want to work with Kai in construction." I remember.
"Unfortunately." Carol mumbles.

I feel bad for her. She raised this kid, took him in as her own and made a family and now he wants to leave. That has to sting.

"You want me to show you around today? Show you what we're up to in construction?" Kai offers Henry and in response his face lights up.
"Yeah, that would be great."

"We should probably warn you. There's a bit of a situation outside." Carol informs us and I find that I'm instantly on my feet, heading towards the door.
"What situation?" I demand, as I retch my bow from the umbrella stand. A million questions fly through my head. What other problem do we have to add to the list?

"Easy Pocahontas. It's nothing we haven't dealt with before." Carl mocks, pointing at my bow.
I sigh in frustration.
"What happened?"
"Alex had another... incident."
"Oh!" I relax.

Alex and wren, the twins that most people tend to avoid because of Alex's unpredictable condition. They also happen to be the quieter of the small group that came from the asylum along with Jayden and Marnie. Alex has dissociative identity disorder and it lands her in some pretty intense situations. She can't help it so the community have learned to just go with it, to adapt with her.

"Michonne is down there with her and Wren right now. I think they might have moved to the infirmary."
"Well, where are the newbies?"
Carl shrugs.
"Shoot."
"I better go make sure they're being taken care of."
"'Kay. Kara and Judith are up. Kara practically ran out the door. I think she's avoiding you." He shakes his head.
"I'll deal with her later." I promise as I run upstairs to change my clothes.

Once I'm ready, I bounce back down the stairs, grab my bow and arrows and open the door. I stop in my tracks when I get to the porch steps and reverse back into the house.
"Nice to see you guys again by the way." I smile to Henry and the others.
"Bye Madison." Ezekiel calls after me.
"See you around Zeeks."

I move swiftly towards the infirmary. I don't bother going the long way around like usual, Negan wasn't in his cell according to Kai. It bothers me when I notice how I usually planned my small trek around him. I sigh and keep up the pace.