twenty two

song: into you ~ ariana grande

'i'm on the edge with no control,
and i need, i need you to know .'

jungkook p.o.v.

day after day. week after week. month after month passed by and it was now december. i knew mi na's birthday was coming up and i couldn't be more excited.

although we weren't 'girlfriend and boyfriend', i considered us as dating.

she was mine and only mine.

everyday i still regret the way i got about the jaehyun situation but i can tell that she's warming up to me again and things are almost the way they were before.

just thinking about her brought joy into my heart.

i would never let her go and her presence made sure of that. no matter what she did, she amazed me in more ways than one. i couldn't believe i could call her mine.

i had the day already planned. dinner at one of the best restaurants in our area and then a scenic walk. reminds me of when we first became close. our night outs together where we would just walk and talk until it got too dark.

just the feeling of the wind against my skin as i stood there watching her smile and take it all in.

i missed it.

december 20th.

it was here.

i couldn't be more excited. i sat at school that friday not thinking about anything other than seeing her. i couldn't wait for night to just come around.

her and jae walked into music theory together and i smiled at her.

i finally had gotten used to her and jae's relationship even though sometimes it made me upset. but i wouldn't let her know because i didn't want to ruin what was finally getting better.

the class period had ended and i couldn't be more happy. i had already discussed with jackson about making sure mi na got straight home and didn't have any plans and he promised me he would do so.

i walked up to mi na as she waved bye to jaehyun with a small bag in her hand.

"what's that?" i asked causing her to slightly step back.

"oh wow, you scared me," she said laughing, "but uh, nothing. just a gift from jae." she finished hesitantly.

"oh cool, let me see." i said sticking my hand out and i watched as she looked down at my hand without saying anything.

i pulled my hand back realizing why she did that since the last time she got a gift from him, i acted out of character.

"oh, uh sorry." i said scratching the back of my head.

she laughed before saying, "it's just a bracelet."

bracelet. great.

"oh, that's nice." i said putting on an artificial smile.

"hey, i gotta get home cause i guess jackson and my mom have something planned for me so text me tonight?" she said while closing her locker and putting on her jacket.

i smiled knowing that it was actually the plans i had made.

"text you later." i responded back before kissing her and walking towards the opposite exit.

i stepped out my car and wiped my hands against my pants that my mother forced me to give to her so she could iron them.

i had on all black pants, a long sleeve button down oxford, and tie. as if i didn't have enough black on, i also had on black dress shoes. i could feel my hands become moist and my neck start to sweat.

i hoped i looked good enough for her.

i walked up to the front door and before i could even knock, jackson swung open the door.

"she's upstairs getting ready right now." he said looking me up and down before walking away leaving me to close the door behind me.

"um okay." i said unsure of what to do so i followed him.

"oh my gosh! you must be jungkook. wow, you're even cuter than mi na described you-"

"mom stop." jackson said with disgust in his voice as his mom complimented me.

i couldn't help but laugh and i approached her with my hand out before she brought me in for a hug, embracing me.

she released me and i said, "uh, yes i'm jungkook. it's super nice to finally meet you." i finished embarrassed knowing mi na told her mom about me.

"hey mom, who just came in!?" i heard mi na scream from the floor above us.

that voice. i felt as a smile spread across my face.

i listened as i heard her come down the steps heavily and then finally she came towards us.

i looked her up and down not wanting to take my eyes off of her.

she looked beautiful.

she finally wore her hair down, something she rarely did because she liked it better being up.

her outfit was also black. [guys just like make an outfit for her cause if i try i'll end up being too complicated & yeah lol thanks.] it was cute how we were matching in colors.

what i liked the most was that she kept her glasses on rather than putting in her contacts. she always looked like so cute with her glasses on.

"...am i missing something?" she said as all three of us stared at her.

"long story short, mom and i aren't actually doing something with you and i lied about the plans when really it's jungkook taking you out." jackson said breaking the silence as he pushed me towards the front door, mi na following behind.

i heard her laugh and she dropped her head in embarrassment.

jackson pushed mi na out the front door after me and he looked at me sternly.

"be back by 11." he said not breaking eye contact.

i stuttered not being able to say anything.

how could someone scare me so much.

i watched as mrs. wang's face popped up from behind jackson.

"he's joking, have fun!" she said laughing.

"i'm not." he said before slamming the door shut.

and there mi na and i stood just staring at each other.

"you, uh, look beautiful."