fourty

song- blue sky ~ the night of seokyo

'i just wanna be your sky, my love,
something i have in memory .'

mi na p.o.v.

christmas day had finally come and i sat in my room trying to wrap my last minute gifts that i had just bought the night before.

it had been two days since i told jungkook about my situation and it was if it never happened. he texted me last night to tell me he would be swinging by to drop off a gift today but that was it. it wasn't that i wanted him to talk to me about the situation but i wished he wouldn't just brush it off like that.

i knew it made him feel some type of way and i didn't want him to conceal those feelings.

relationships like that never prosper.

i tried my best to shake off the thoughts that seemed to be determined to ruin my christmas while wrapping up my final gift when my bedroom door burst open.

"mi na! merry christm-" i heard jackson say with a large smile on his face before looking down at the excess wrapping paper laying all over my floor and the messily wrapped gifts on my bed.

"w-what's this? do you mean to tell me santa doesn't exist!?" he exaggeratedly put his hands on either side of his face, gasping.

i looked at him and we stared at each other before bursting out in laughter.

"jackson, get out my room." i said throwing a pillow at him while trying to control my laughter.

"hurry up and get down, mom made breakfast and we have people over." jackson said while smiling and throwing the pillow back at me.

i walked down, still in my hoodie and sweats after having brushed my teeth and washed my face. i placed the gifts i had wrapped underneath the christmas tree and rubbed my hands across my face while walking towards the kitchen suddenly regretting not putting in my contacts or wearing my glasses but was too lazy to walk back up.

"morning mom," i said while squinting at the pots and pans that now laid in the kitchen sink trying to figure out what she made but eventually using my sense of smell to just guess since i couldn't see a thing.

i could hear jackson start to laugh and i said "jackson literally shut up, i will kill you." with my back turned.

"ouch, aggressive." a voice a lot deeper than jacksons' responded.

i froze in the spot i was in and dropped my head low. here i was dressed like a homeless man while sehun sat in my house. now don't get me wrong, sehun has seen me at my worse but that didn't mean i wanted him too.

i laughed awkwardly while turning on my heel towards the kitchen table, squinting my eyes. i could make out my mother, jackson, sehun, and chanyeol sitting around the table, two empty seats surrounding them.

"morning mi na," sehun and chanyeol said in unison with a smile on their faces.

"uh, don't worry about it." jackson quickly said while stuffing more of his pancake into his mouth when my mother asked him about his mid year calculus grade.

we all laughed as i picked at the food on my plate. i wasn't really hungry and wasn't sure why. i just had a bad feeling about something but i tried my hardest to push the feeling away.

i watched as chanyeol looked over at me with a knowing look in his eyes.

"are you okay?" he mouthed to me slowly knowing i most likely couldn't see his mouth without my glasses.