//:11.5-[Memory_One]

1st year of Epipelagia Highschool
Astronomy Clubroom

The Astronomy Clubroom sparkled like stars, with actual paper stars hanging from the roof. There was a corkboard filled with pictures of the planets, constellations, that we took ourself. And of course, a group photo of us, the Orbiters, one and only.

"So, Univera, Rigel, Solar, Phobos, and Deimos, correct?" I said, looking down at the application sheets looming below me, then looking up to the one female and four males.

  Rigel nodded with enthusiasm. "Mhm! That's us! I swear, we were all meant to be in the Astronomy Club together~"

  Solar whacked the poor, light-blue inkling on the back of his head many times in a row, causing Rigel to bend down and cover his head with his hands. "STOP BEING SO. DAMN. CHEESY!"

  "You've gotta admit, Solar," Univera adjusted her bun, making sure it won't come off. She turned to Solar and smiled warmly. "Rigel is right, we all have names related to the sky, either day or night.

  There's Orion, a constellation. Rigel, a star. Solar and Luna, relating to the sun and moon. Phobos and Deimos, Mars' twin moons. Cosmos, relating to the universe itself. And Callisto, Jupiter's second-largest moon."

  I smiled at Univera, fiddling with my handmade bracelet. "You really know your stuff. My cousins, Castor and Pollux, are also named after Gemini. They're twins, like Phobos and Deimos."

  Deimos gasped and ran up to me, his eyes illuminating like stars in the night sky. He asked me if what I said was true, and I responded by laughing and showing them a picture of Castor and Pollux on my phone.

  "See?"

  It was months ago, when me, and mom, and dad went to Fresh Aloe Fields for our summer vacation. Pollux, the one with the bangs and long hair combined with a squid hairclip I gave her, was pulling up bunny-ears behind Castor. He had the bowlcut, with a Paisley Bandana I gave him recently. Nonetheless, we were all smiling.

We were happy together.

"They live in Fresh Aloe Fields," I said, turning off my phone. "although they're thinking of moving to Inkopolis."

Phobos nodded, "That's great. The more, the merrier, right?"

I nodded, picking up the papers on the desk and piling them up neatly.

Solar popped a piece of candy into his mouth. "So, we're in now, right?"

I nodded. He figuratively jumped up in joy, "Alrighty!~ Let's rock!"

The doors to the clubroom slid open. We all turned to see Orion, Luna and Cosmos, entering the room. The three of them put their handbags or schoolbags to lean on spare chairs in the club, then they all sat down on one of the bean bag chairs.

  "So, these are the newbies?" Cosmos smiled. "They seem pretty cool!~" The yellow inkling waved at Rigel, which Rigel happily waved back.

I leant back in my chair, staring into the ceiling of the clubroom. "You know, you all are really similar, judging by the first impressions you give."

The eight of them looked over to me, as I was adjusting my cap. I looked up and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"What?"

"Explain!" Luna cheered, the sun reflecting off of her Full-Moon Glasses.

I breathed in, and out, calming myself.

"Well, judging from Phobos and Deimos, Phobos is really calm and collected like Castor while Deimos is upbeat and care-free, like Pollux. Orion and Univera seem to be very shy but very smart. Luna and Solar have relatively similar names and chill personalities. And Cosmos is a jokester and likes to compliment and dream, like the vibe I'm getting from Rigel."

  We all laughed, the happiness spreading itself throughout the rooms and the corridors of the school. It seems like this day is the day I found people with the same interests as me.

  "Oh! Let's eat lunch here tomorrow!" Cosmos shouted excitedly, putting a fist up in the air. "Then we can spend more time together!"

  "C-Cosmos, that's a little bit excessive..." Orion started to sweat, awkwardly smiling at his best friend's actions.

  Then what is this feeling...?

  "Shell yeah!" Rigel cheered, high-fiving Cosmos. "I'll bring the Pringles!"

  "Pringles?!" Phobos whipped his head around to look at Rigel, who was smiling giddily. "You're the real MVP."

  Why does it feel like everything will tear us apart... In the future...?

  Univera shook her head, half-smiling. "We're all super excited about the stupidest things. I'll join in, too, I-I guess."

  "...Sto?"

  Will it tear me apart in the future...?

  "Callisto?!" Luna said/shouted, waving her hand in front of my face rapidly. "Aye! Calli!"

  I snapped out of my daydream and looked at Luna. Luna's eyebrows were scrunched together, and she seemed worried.

"Sorry, I'll- I'll bring some of my homemade maki rolls." I scratched the back of my head. Cosmos gasped, and ran over to me. He hugged me tightly, and I couldn't get out of his strong grip.

"Callis' maki rolls are the best!" He cheered. "You guys will definitely like them!"

I should've listened to my thoughts back then.

I could've protected them.

Rigel.

Univera.

Solar.

Phobos.

Deimos.

  We're all sharing the same fate now. Thanks to me.