//:23-[Everyone_Is_Gone]

>>Focus-[C45T0R]

  Even when I stated specifically to Pollux that 'we're not going,' somehow Pollux dragged me off to this hellhole anyway. How? I don't know. Is this a terrible idea? Yeah. Are we gonna get hurt? Most likely.

  But I know all my reasoning won't stop my younger twin sister when she's set on something.

  Creaks of Aunt Elara and Uncle Ganymede's house woke me up tonight. "Nggh..." I groan to myself. With a flick of the switch, the lights turned on. I stand up quickly to check if Pollux is fast asleep in her bed. As I guessed, she's not.From under the bed, I grab my Splatterscope in case there really is an intruder, or just to poke Pollux if she decided to sneak out. What can I say? I join Turf War with other soloists from time to time. My level's 25, now.

  I open up Pollux's and my bedroom door and let the darkness of the night embrace me as I make my way downstairs, holding a Splatterscope like it was nobody's business. Because it was nobody's business. Unless there was a robber in our damned home, then it was going to be their business alright.

  A shadowy figure held up a Sorella Brella, and was just putting their shoes on. Of course I knew who it was: "Pollux."

  Pollux yelped and dropped her Brella and turned towards me. Although it was way too dark to see anything at all, I still knew that she was looking straight at me. "Castor!" She whispered. "How did you know I was— How—"

  "You do know the floorboards creak, right?" I ask her, grabbing the keys from the coffee table. I could've sworn I heard her curse, "Damnit, knew that would've given me away!" but I couldn't be too sure since I had my Squidfin Hook Cans even with wearing my facemask, blocking a lot of noise for me. I prefer it that way.

Pollux gulped, "So are Aunt Elara and Uncle Ganymede awake?" She asked me, her weight shifting. It was obvious she was nervous.

  "Don't think so." I shook my head, walking past my twin sister and unlocking the door quietly.

  "What are you doing?!" Pollux whisper-yelled at me.

  "Going to Mount Nantai." I responded, quickly putting on my Slip-On Senseis that I maxed out Main Ink Saver up pretty quickly with. I grab my Rockin' Leather Jacket (I really do not like the name of it. It looks cool, though.) and put it on over my tank top.

  "But you," Pollux came up behind me and grabbed the keys from my hands, using her agility to her advantage. "you said we're not going."

  I shrugged, walking off the porch and onto the grass. There was nothing outside to echo my voice, so I could speak in my normal voice. She could probably tell that I was doing my signature smirk under my facemask.

  "Looks like you're locking the door then." I rest my charger on the ground, leaning onto it. "Make it snappy, twin, 'cause we've got our cousin to save."

•••

Everybody seemed to be shocked at the sudden intrusion, even more shocked that the fire and ice seemed to be controlled. I know we shouldn't be using our abilities, but Pollux detected that something... No, someone was headed towards the group, who already went up the mountain. So our solution? Book it over there.

Once I saw that we were in a reasonable distance to start attacking, I stomped on the ground, my eyes started to glow blue once I saw that Luna and Cosmos, two of the most elite fighters in the group, couldn't even pick up their weapons, and the corrupted inkling's 'hand' turned sharper at the point, ready to attack them. Ice grew from my stomping point and travelled at rapid speeds towards the corrupted inkling. Pollux jumped from tree branch to tree branch, and jumped high in the air, her eyes flashing a bright shade of red while sending off a wave of fire from her palm.