Chapter Fifteen: Toido's Mission

Sam and Reegan had fallen asleep when Toido finished analyzing all of the data. All of the signs pointed to them being in danger. 

But his mission to protect the Genetic Harp was his top priority. 

Toido planned to retrieve the Harp but he also had a strong desire to protect his new friends. He leaned over, waving his hand and released a single nanobot to watch over Sam and the others. 

The Genetic Harp had a tracking device that only he could find, with some difficulty he made his way back to the hangar, after having to evade some guards by crawling on the ceiling.

Toido reached the hangar and found that the bay doors were open to the outside, The Wagon was moved outside to be worked on but the engineers had left for a break. Toido ran towards the car and found the Genetic Harp was still sitting on a seat with the spider bot clamped to it. He grabbed the Harp but he realized that he was going to have to remove the spider bot before placing it back in his storage compartment. 

Toido decided that since he was outside and would have the best signal strength to send a message, it would be wise to contact Captain Choleska while he had the opportunity.

Because Toido was out in the open and sending a message required much processing power he was discovered by the engineers when they returned from their break.

Soldiers quickly entered the room and lined up with guns aimed at Toido. They had been searching the base for him ever since his nanobots were detected hacking the computers.

"Admiral Gusterson we've found him in the hangar bay, looks like he came back for something in the car," Sergeant Holland messaged over his communicator as he stood by his men who were a slight distance from Toido.

Toido stood still, having realized he was caught, his main priority became relaying the message to Nallany. 

Andrew was in the control room underground monitoring the situation when one of the communications officers approached him.

"Admiral Gusterson, Sir! We have detected that the Protolian is transmitting a message."

Andrew became angry and yelled at Sergeant Holland over the communicator "Stop him!" Not only did Sergeant Holland hear the admirals order but the other men heard it loud and clear and began to open fire. 

The bullets only bounced off of him, It would take more intense firepower to bring down a Protolian. Andrew noticed that Toido was holding the Genetic Harp in his hands.

"STOP!!!. . . . You fools better not have damaged the device. I am on my way up there now," Andrew yelled at them as he left the control room. Toido heard all of this and he placed the Genetic Harp down inside the Wagon and closed the door where he thought it would be the safest for the moment. 

He turned around to finish his transmission.

Just then Toido had more company as the doors on the opposite side of the hangar bay opened. It was Vult Ravik walking into the hangar accompanied by his Growtex warriors Ragurg and Durwip. Vult Ravik turned to Ragurg and pointed at Toido as a command to seize him. The floor shook on each step as this hulking beast ran past the soldiers and leaped towards Toido. Ragurg smashed into Toido with all his might which did very little to the surprise of the soldiers who expected Ragurg to at least leave a dent on Toido. Toido ignored Ragurg as he unleashed a volley of punches at him. Vult Ravik commanded Durwip to aid Ragurg in the assault on Toido. Durwip joined in on the fight which forced Toido to break his concentration from sending his message.

Ragurg and Durwip gave Toido a hard time causing some dents and scratches to his metal exterior but every time they were able to hold him down he proved too strong for them and they were thrown towards the wall. It was clear that they would need more warriors or better firepower to stop Toido from transmitting his message.