Chapter Twenty Five: Papilliowalayo

"Sam what time is it?" June asked after she had awakened.

"I don't know? We are on another planet June," Sam answered.

"Can we go home now?" June asked.

"I don't know! Are you worried about your Mom?" Sam asked.

"Yeah," She replied with a frown and then fell back asleep.

Sam watched as they flew just above the trees, he could almost smell their scent in the breeze as he breathed in the fresh air. It was very relaxing watching the trees fly by below the clear blue sky, Sam almost fell asleep himself. But just as he was about to nod off he heard a loud clanging of metal on the ceiling of the car.

It was Toido running to the front of the car in a panic, he bent upside down in the view of the windshield to get Reegan's attention. Reegan was startled and swerved the vehicle slightly when he saw Toido' head yelling and pointing to the right at what looked like a swarm of black triangles flying in formation. Carlyle climbed over a few other Tigris and poked his head out the window.

"Flying raiders!" he said. "They are far away I doubt they have spotted us yet."

Carlyle looked below and noticed a small cave.

"Let's land for a bit shall we? We can just let them pass," Carlyle suggested calmly. Reegan stopped the car and they slowly descended into the trees.

"That cave over there should do nicely for a hiding spot!" Carlyle told Reegan and pointed at a cave with a large opening and small stream of water coming out of it. Candillice sat up to take a look out the window and immediately recognized the cave.

She gave Carlyle a slap on the arm. "Carlyle we can't go in there it's sacred!" she yelled.

"What about the Guardian?" She added.

"No one has seen or heard from it for a very long time!" Carlyle replied to Candillice.

"If you could kindly fly us into that cave there my good sir!" Carlyle asked and Reegan replied. "Righto!" As he piloted the craft into the cave, landed and shut it down.

"Let's stretch out our legs shall we?" Carlyle suggested as everyone exited the vehicle except for the old Tigris they rescued who was sleeping and receiving oxygen.

They also decided to leave June who was still asleep.

They thought it would be a brief stay inside the cave but as Carlyle and Toido stood watch near the entrance they noticed the flying triangles return. It appeared they were still searching for them, the Virillians were not going to give up easily.

Hours passed as they hid before Sam walked towards the entrance to speak with Toido.

"How's it going Toido?" He asked noticing that Toido appeared to be depressed. Toido looked down to the floor and then pointed to his broken antennae on the back of his head.

"That is too bad," Sam said but suddenly Toido changed his mood It appeared that he was very frustrated. Sam thought his attitude suggested he was angry at himself as he projected an image of the Genetic Harp to Sam. The image was then followed by a recording of Captain Choleska giving him the responsibility of looking after it.

"Oh I got it here! It's in my pocket!" Sam exclaimed.

Sam handed it back to Toido which appeared to make him happy. Just then Reegan and Rufus walked up and they both appeared to be very excited.

"Samuel! I have been conversing with the Ambassador on the subject of his popular television program Reegan's Galaxy of the Unknown!" Rufus exclaimed.