Chapter Forty One: Kenneth Takes Control of the Situation

Adimniss had taken her captives to the room of mirrors below the Merkabolisk in the north. 

She had wrapped them up so tightly in her shadow vines that when she let them go it caused them to spin. She laughed as they were flung against the wall and weakened. 

She was very satisfied to have caused them pain and dizziness.

"I have important business to attend to! Your torture. . . . Comes after."

"No!" Andrew shouted.

He lifted his sceptre and attacked her with a whirlwind spell, the mirrors shook but did not fall from the wall where they were placed. Adimniss was hit by the whirlwind and appeared to vanish.

"You got her Dad!" Kenneth shouted but Andrew fell to the floor.

His head became filled with pain.

"I am here!" She screamed from within his skull.

"Not for. . . . Much longer!" Andrew argued and raised his sceptre to his head.

He closed his eyes and began to will her out of his body. But was disappointed as his most powerful purification spell had no effect.

"Why is this not working? It should work!" Andrew yelled in frustration.

"So pitiful. . . .I should destroy you right now!" Adimniss said as she rematerialized.

She stood over Andrew and raised her arms in a threatening stance.

"WAIT!" A deep voice echoed throughout the room.

"Masters?" Adimniss turned to face the mirrors. Andrew looked up to see who it was that Adimniss was talking too.

A dark and shadowy figure was present in the closest mirror on the wall.

"ADIMNISS. . . .IF YOU DESTROY HIM YOU WILL DESTROY YOURSELF!" the voice bellowed addressing Adimniss.

"PATHETIC BEING!" The voice then turned to address Andrew.

"YOU SUMMONED OUR SERVANT WILLINGLY! . . . .YOU CANNOT EXPEL HER!"

Andrew thought of the ritual he used to summon Adimniss into his trap. He was so sure the pendant would put an end to her.

At the time he had not thought of the consequences if he failed.

The fire died down it was now only burning half as much, several other shadow men appeared in the mirrors and began to whisper to each other.

Andrew felt very afraid of the dark shadow men in the mirrors.

"You! you are the Illinliu council are you not? You are the ones responsible for this whole mess! . . You. . Your lust for power has wiped out many other Universes! Such destruction and death. . . . And now you want to bring it here? To our Universe?!" Andrew scolded them but then he soon realized he had picked a fight with the wrong supreme beings.

With a powerful burst of energy they threw him down to the floor.

"THE REALMS OF WHICH YOU SPEAK. . .THESE UNIVERSES ARE INSIGNIFICANT!. . . . THE LIVES WITHIN THEM, AND YOUR LIFE IS OF LITTLE VALUE TO US!"

The shadow man who first appeared bellowed with anger from the mirror, but then another softer voice was heard from another mirror directly across the room.

"We go by many names such as the Illinliu or in lieu of or the society of seekers who seek for an alternate universe where we will rule. We come to offer you power if you will aid us," The softer voice explained slowly and calmly.