Chapter Forty Five: Training Begins

The chair that was facing the large window turned to face Varnaulk and it was the most horrible sight he could imagine. In their former leader's chair sat a tall pale skinned woman with dark black hair and black lipstick. There was a scowl on her face and an evil look in her green eyes that glowed for an instant. She wore a long silver robe that shined brightly as she stood up to scold Varnaulk he had no doubt.

Varnaulk's colleagues continued to wriggle on the floor in agony. He realized that this must be a spell and she may have cast the same spell on each of the Underlings who signed his petitions, that they too were on the floor with great pain at that very moment.

"I am Adimniss, . . . . Your new Queen!" She proclaimed.

With a wave of Adimniss hand the papers that Varnaulk was holding burst into flames and then ash before falling to the floor.

"Varnaulk I have been. . . . EXPECTING you!" Adimniss proclaimed in a manner that sent shivers up Varnaulk's spine,a fear overtook him like he had never felt before.

"I have allowed you to be in my presence as I require a thespian such as yourself to be my bard. . . . . You will chronicle my victory!"

Just then the room shook with a loud rumble as a very loud and fast hover bike flew by the window followed by several others.

It was Kenneth Gusterson wearing his White Knight outfit again and a new helmet.

Kenneth Gusterson had chosen to use the quarry used to mine the stone for building the Spire as a training ground.

Each of his team mates received a newly modified and very powerful hover bike that was fashioned from the scout crafts that Kenneth found on his father's ship. 

Kenneth had asked Nabine's older sister Whiska to grab a flag from the drone and fly towards the goal at the end of the quarry. He had given the others specific instructions to fly in a protective formation around the flag holder. Kenneth reached into his pocket and flipped a switch on the Genetic Harp to increase his strength. He had already learned how to change the settings so the increase in strength would only affect a small radius giving only just him the advantage.

"Here's how you play Extreme Droneflag!" Ken shouted at them as he flew between them after catching up to their position.

Kenneth had a large hook at the side of his hover bike that he lifted into the air,  he gave it a swing and hooked it onto a latch on the back of Whiska's suit.

This caused her to be pulled off her hover bike abruptly. Kenneth then used this same hook again taking control of the flag that was placed at the back of her bike. All of the other freedom fighters watched as Whiska fell towards the bottom of the quarry.

Kenneth raced towards the finish line and looped back towards the others who were still watching their friend falling, but Whiska's parachute opened as her hover bike returned to her.

Whiska made her way back to the group and Kenneth waited for her impatiently before continuing with his lesson.

"Now that we're all here. . . . you can see the point of the game is you gotta knock the player with the flag off their vehicle. It's suggested we use the hooks but when your chasing the flag anything goes."

"White Knight what is the purpose of these vehicles and this new training?" Nabine asked and the freedom fighters all nodded in confusion as they all had the same question.

Kenneth was speaking to each of them as White Knight this time and didn't bother speaking through Nabine.

"I did not tell you what happened in Catlinburg. . . But you all witnessed the arrest of the traitor Sam did you not?"