Chapter Fifty Four: Everything is Going to be All Right

The light from the Quartanitz of Tiya had nearly gone out. 

 Sam rushed to the receptacle, he placed the pendant within by dropping it while avoiding his hands to come into contact with the force field. 

There were sparks and smoke coming from the receptacle and then the force field came down allowing Sam to act quick and remove both the pendant and Tiya's Quartanitz from danger.

Everything was calm and the sky cleared leaving only a dark crack in the sky. 

Adimniss screamed as the Protolians held her down with all of their might. 

"Guys! Lets get out of here the Protolians can handle Adimniss. Come on move it back to the ship double time lets go!" Reegan screamed at Sam and the others who ran back to the ship. 

Andrew stood behind first watching Sam who he realized was in possession of both Quartanitz. 

But Carlyle gave him a warning glance and did not keep his eyes off him, neither did Candillice. Andrew ran to Reegan's ship ahead of everyone else telling the computer to prepare for takeoff as he was was still in command of the ships functions. 

Reegan stood by the door waiting for everyone to get on board and as June and Toido ran into the ship he began to close the door. 

But he looked to the Protolians who were holding down a very furious Adimniss and felt bad for having to leave them. 

"Don't worry guys I'll call for reinforcements OK?" he said. 

But as the ship began to take off the floor of the plateau there were several loud explosions below. 

"What is that?" Reegan asked out loud. 

"The Spire was overloaded! It is going to collapse!" Andrew answered as he piloted the ship into the sky and away from the spire. 

Adimniss was enraged to see them getting away, her power was fading but not gone entirely and with the spire cracking and crumbling beneath her she unleashed a tremendous amount of energy causing the storm that was overwhelming the Salvation to turn towards Reegan's vessel.

 But not only did Adimniss set the storm upon them, sharp pieces of the spire merged with the storm as it fell apart. These sharp pieces created lethal debris and Reegan knew his ship was in trouble once the smaller parts began to hit the hull. 

Reegan hit a button that said. "In case of emergency." 

And several seats appeared in the middle of the ship with seat belts and ejection functions.

"Strap in everybody get your safety belts on quick!" Reegan ordered and nobody argued with him, even Andrew ran to the safety seat leaving Reegan to pilot the ship. 

Reegan was trying his best to navigate through the storm and maintain course for the Temple but the debris in the storm made things difficult. There was larger chunks of the spire flying at them from all directions. 

Sam clutched the pendant, he had placed it back around his neck. 

He put Tiya's Quartanitz in a zipped up pocket in his flight suit. 

As he was tightening his safety belt he couldn't help but notice his uncle giving several glances his way. Carlyle noticed as well and continued to give him warning glances, he would not for a second drop his guard in the presence of Andruin. 

The storm became much more intense, the ship was hit again by debris but this time warnings sounded from the ship that they were about to lose the gravity generator.