Chapter Six

Chloe's P.O.V

I could already tell Kason was a good guy just from our first five minutes of conversation. I wished I could have talked to him more, but our professor walked in and started our first lecture, going over what he expected out of us for this semester and so on.

I could feel my phone vibrate against the table. Dang it, I thought I had turned my phone off. I picked it up and tried looking at it where it wouldn't be a bother to anyone around me.

Hailee: CHLOE. That guy is SO into you.

I stared at it, a little confused at first, and looked at Hailee and whispered, "What?"

Hailee pushed up her glasses and looked at me as if I should have known who it was and began to type quickly.

Hailee: KASON. Luke's friend.

I laughed out loud before realizing everyone could hear it. Dr. Knapp even stopped talking and squinted at everyone in the auditorium and asked, "May I ask what was so funny?"

I could feel myself blush but luckily, he didn't know who laughed.

"Yeah, Chloe, what was so funny?" Kason whispered, leaning forward to look at me.

Oh y'know, the fact my delirious friend over here seems to think that you like me when we have only met five minutes ago, and for me that was a little crazy.

I could sense Luke's green eyes looking down on me, making me feel uncomfortable once more, but as soon as I smelled his cologne, it somehow made me relaxed. Seriously, what cologne did he use because it smelled amazing?

"Well if everyone has gotten their laughs out, I'll return to the lecture," Dr. Knapp said in a monotone voice, raising his bushy eyebrows. Why did he have to match him name?

For the rest of the lecture, I relaxed my head on my arm and stared at my notebook, thinking of all the things I could be doing rather than listening to this. When the class ended, I stood up and rushed down the stairs with the horde of people going down with me.

As I quickly walked out of the door, I thought I heard someone call my name, but I thought the better of it. There was probably another Chloe he was addressing. It wasn't like I was the only Chloe in the world.

I looked down at my schedule tucked inside my pink binder to remember what class I was going to next. I saw the name and remembered that I had Theatre Appreciation next with Dr. Cambridge. I really hoped that the class would actually be fun, and not one of those classes where they only studied Shakespeare. Don't get me wrong, Shakespeare was great, but there was more than just Shakespeare and Romeo and Juliet in the world. I knew a thing or two about writing, not about writing plays, but books.

I had never told anyone that I wanted to write, only because I was worried that they would see me in a different way. Writing was my passion and was my best kept secret since Luke Armstrong. If I could, I would drop out of college right now if it meant that I could spend the rest of my life writing what I loved, but I couldn't. I have never even finished a book, let alone let others read one.

I walked into my Theatre Appreciation class, stunned to see that we would actually be in a small theatre. I walked to the front and sat in the last seat of the second row.

I could feel my stomach twist nervously and I felt as if I needed to pee once again. It was actually quite annoying that I always felt this way when I was nervous. I took in a deep breath and exhaled, hoping it would release some of my nerves.

I decided to take this chance to glance around and see who was to be in my class for the rest of the semester. As soon as I turned my head my eyes locked onto green eyes that stared at me from across the room.