Chapter 16

^Ava, Daphne, and Payton^

------------

It was 9:25 am Saturday morning, and once again I was rushing around the house getting myself put together before Mr. Lynch picked me up for work. It felt weird that earlier this morning I already at the Marvel mansion and here I am going right back. I threw on cropped black leggings, an oversized white t-shirt, and I threw my hair in a ponytail. I fed my animals, slipped into sneakers, and ran out to the Lexus waiting in my driveway.

Mr. Lynch was starting to grow on me. Even though he was quiet, he was always respectful and kind. I asked him if we could swing by Starbucks on the way, and he even paid for my latte. We arrived at the house around 10 am. I thanked Mr. Lynch for the ride and scurried inside. Once I was inside, I listened for life in the house, but there was no sound. Jaxon must still be sleeping, and Esther must not be here yet.

I started the cleaning excursion by raiding the bathroom and laundry room for as many cleaning supplies as I could find. I decided to go around room to room and pick up the trash, then i'd start the deep cleaning and rearranging. I must have spent an hour just picking up garbage. Geez teenagers are such pigs.

I was scrubbing pizza sauce stains off of the living room carpet when I heard a door open someplace in the house. That better be Jaxon and not some friend who spent the night; i'm NOT ready for anyone to find out I work here.

Just in case, I darted into the dining room so no one would see me if they came downstairs. I began by setting the chairs back around the table, then I sprayed cleaner onto the table and scrubbed away at the beer stains. This seriously sucks. I'd quit if it wasn't for the great pay. I really need the money so I guess i'll suck it up and-

"Morning"

Jaxon had appeared in the doorway, arms crossed over his bare chest, a smirk plastered on his face. I internally groaned. I tried not to stare, but I failed miserably. He wore dark gray, cotton shorts, showing off his thick, toned thighs. I peeled my eyes off of his 6-pack, but then they started to trace his collarbones, then his sharp jawline, then I finally settled on his lips. He clearly just woke up; his hair shot up all over the place, and his voice was raspy when he spoke. Why does he have to keep appearing like this, shirtless, sexy morning look, jesus he's so attractive it hurts.

"You certainly get right to work"

I rolled my eyes at his comment "Duh, this is my job." I focused my eyes back on the table and the plethora of stains that needed attention. "Your friends are pigs" I muttered "They have no idea how to clean up after themselves"

"Sweetheart, most those people are strictly peers, not friends. However, feel free to make a school wide announcement on Monday and let them all know how trashed they left my place."

I scowled, and I thought I heard him chuckle back, but when I looked up he was gone. I finished cleaning up in the dining room and decided to go work on the basement. Lord help me, it's probably a DISASTER down there. I grabbed supplies and descended into pit of hell. When I reached the bottom, I was surprised by what I saw.

"Um, what are you doing?" I asked. Jaxon turned to face me, trash bag in hand.

"What does it look like i'm doing?"

I frowned "It's just..."

"I threw a party and you didn't expect me to help clean up? C'mon, i'm not a complete jackass."

Thankfully with his help it didn't take too long to get the basement tidied up. We didn't talk much, and I felt a bit awkward being around him alone. About an hour later we were able to admire our work.