Chapter 39

-Ava's P.O.V-

It was Wednesday, my day off from work. Rylee, Lucas, and I decided to go to downtown L.A. after school. Lucas picked up Rylee from cheer practice then drove to my house so we could all get ready. Out plan was to have a photoshoot so Rylee could get some more pictures for her Instagram. Lately, Rylee's numbers were exploding, her Instagram at 60k and her YouTube subscriber count at 200k.

Lucas picked out mine and Rylee's outfits from my closet since we all agreed he had the best fashion sense out of us all. He put Rylee and I in white T-shirts, black pants, boots, and leather jackets.

According to Lucas, the "theme of the day" is edgy. He told us that he creates a theme for his outfits each day depending on the mood he's in when he wakes up in the morning.

"I thought Wednesday's we wear pink" I smirked.

"Ha ha ha, very funny Ava"

"I thought it was clever" I playfully punched his shoulder, and he punched mine back. "Can you not, i'm trying to take a selfie here. No touchy."

Lucas's selfie:

"How is the black and white filter?" he asked, tossing his phone into my lap as he started the car

"Oh ya know, edgy" I snickered.

"Do we haaaave to do a photoshoot" Rylee whined from the backseat. "I really don't think people will care if I post photos or not. My followers only care about my videos."

Lucas snorted. "Believe me girl, they want photos. You're a social media influencer, posting pictures is like half the job"

"Right" she grunted. "We could have done it in sweatpants ya know"

"I wish" I yawned, laying my head back. I was exhausted, another night of horrifying nightmares and no actual sleep. This was starting to become a huge issue again.

Once we arrived downtown, Lucas found a meter spot, then we started our search for good photo backdrops. I ended up plopping down on some steps that led to the back door of a small antique shop.

Ava's picture: