Chapter 30

-Jaxon's POV-

"YOU TOLD HER WHAT?" Daphne's mouth was gaping, and she mirrored Gray's bulging eyes. "I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU TOLD AVA THAT YOU STREET RACE!" Daphne was baffled, and frankly, so was I. The talk that Ava and I had five days ago had been unplanned, and my stress level was through the roof.

"Why would you do that?" Daphne hissed "Just a couple weeks ago it was 'Ava must know absolutely nothing' and now all of a sudden you're just openly sharing?"

"Don't be an idiot Daphne, I didn't openly share for no fucking reason."

"How about you don't call her an idiot" Gray growled, crossing his arms.

"Sorry" I muttered, "Look, I didn't tell her for the sake of telling her. She happened to find the racetrack, and she hurt her ankle in the process. I couldn't just leave her, can you imagine if someone else had found her?" I rubbed the temples of my head; this whole conversation was giving me a headache.

"She doesn't know anything about your gang, right?" inquired Gray. I shook my head no. "Nothing about the gang, plus I gave her some bullshit story about how I got into racing. It wasn't all that good, but she seemed to buy it."

"Well hopefully she won't be asking anymore questions" Gray sighed. Daphne rolled her eyes and slid off my bed. "You better hope she doesn't. Anyways, we have to get going soon."

It was Friday evening, and we were going to carpool to the school to get ready for the football game. I yawned, stretching my arms in Gray's face. He rolled his eyes "you better wake up quick, we have a game to win."

I smirked, "I'll be fine, it's called red bull."

We were on our way out when Esther yelled my name. She appeared at the top of the stairs, asking "When will you be home tonight?"

"We're going out after, so probably late" Daphne answered for me, taking a selfie by the living room window. I smirked, "C'mon Daph, we're going to be late. Bye Esther!"

[Daphne's selfie]

Once again, Oceanview crushed our rival team

Once again, Oceanview crushed our rival team. The after party at senior Jet Blackwell's house, so I changed and packed up my shit in the locker room. Gray, Zane, and Emilio met me at my car and I drove us to Jet's.

"LET'S FUCKING PARTYYYY!" shouted Emilio, pumping his fist in the air. Gray and I followed him into the kitchen where Jet was pouring shots and passing out beer and wine, and shouting "To being mother fucking undefeated champions!" Emilio toasted. We took our shots, and another, and another.

"There's snacks in the living room" Jet told us before grabbing a glass of wine and swaggering over to the senior cheerleaders.