Chapter 64 - Aftermath

"WHAT THE FUCK GRAY??" Daphne screeched, "YOU-YOU-YOU KILLED-"

"That wasn't me" he whispered, falling to his knees. "T-that wasn't me I swear-"

I could hear Gray muttering on, but I was too shocked to comprehend. If Gray didn't kill him, then the medic?

I watched the medic sit up from behind the dead body of Bruce, looking just as shocked as everyone else.

Not him? Then-

"Who?" Frank said, his voice cracking. 

Oh my god... Frank...

I watched as he fell on his hands and knees next to his uncles body. He was violently shaking, his eyes blinking over and over. "Uncle.."

I could hear it in his voice, he was crying.

"Uncle Antonio" he repeated over and over again, though it was of no use. His uncle was gone, and Frank was breaking right before my very eyes.

Within minutes he was sobbing, loud and severe, screaming curses at the wind, clutching his uncles dead body, rocking back and forth.

Jet tried to approach him, but Frank lashed out, shoving him away, shrieking at the top of his lungs "DID YOU KILL HIM???? DID YOU FUCKING SHOOT HIM??"

"WHAT?? NO!" Jet shouted back, "HOW THE FUCK WOULD I HAVE SHOT HIM?"

"WHO FUCKING KILLED HIM?" Frank was now standing, looking like a wild man as his eyes darted between everyone.

"YOU!" he finally settled on the medic "IT WAS YOU, WASN'T IT?"

"Sir, I only killed Bruce, I didn't-"

"LIAR!" Frank bellowed, grabbing the medic by his shirt and hoisting him up. "I WILL TEAR YOU THE FUCK APART-"

Suddenly, an engine roared to life, the engine of a motorcycle. Headlights blinded us for seconds, then the cycle zipped away.  

Frank's eyes were bulging.

"Who?" he seethed, baring his teeth. "IT WAS THEM! GET BACK HERE! YOU KILLED MY UNCLE YOU FUCKING-" 

Frank was out of his mind, now sprinting off towards where the motorcycle had been. I knew he'd never catch up, but it was better that he was gone. His uncle's death was causing him to spiral, which I knew would not be good for any of us.

The medic brushed himself off, staring down at the lifeless body of Bruce. Daphne was rubbing Kim's back, who was sitting on the ground with her head in her hands.

"Who the fuck was that?" Gray asked Jet, who was helping him up. 

"Beats me" Jet muttered. 

"Wait a minute" Daphne said, you don't think it was... I mean I don't see him anywhere..."

Jaxon?

It couldn't have been Jaxon, he should be recovering from being shot... right?

"I'm right here, Daph, and no, that wasn't me."

My head whipped around, and standing in the doorway was a hunched over Jaxon, clutching his ribcage. "It's over, huh" he said with half a smile. 

"JAXONNNN!" Daphne sobbed, barreling towards him. Thankfully the medic stepped in front of him at the last minute.

"Ma'am I need to ask you to back away. And you-" he whirled around to face Jaxon, who laughed awkwardly. "Let me guess, I should be resting?"

"Preciously" the medic answered flatly. "I am not sure how the fuck you're standing right now, but you need to lay down before your wound opens again. You're extremely lucky Devil, that bullet missed everything you need to live, but that doesn't mean if you're not careful you won't still bleed out"

"Sorry sir" he replied, but I knew he wasn't listening, because he looking right at me. I could feel tears escape my eyes for the hundredth time, but I didn't care. Jaxon was alive, and I could not be more relieved.

"Couch, now" the medic ordered.

"No offense doc, but I'm not going back in there" he said. "I'm done with this house, and I don't want to be here when Frank gets back."

"I'll take him to the hospital" Jet said, approaching Jaxon. He patted his back, smirking. "Good to see you alive my man, and neither of us had to do the dirty work!"

"Well..." Jaxon cocked his head to the side, rubbing his neck. "Rocco..."

"Shit" Jet replied, "Are... uh... are you okay?"

"Not to be a pain in the ass, but we can talk about his later" Gray chimed in. "Who knows how long Frank will be gone, so we should get the hell out of there while we can." 

Jaxon nodded, "Yeah, right. Can you bring all the girls home?"

"I'll handle it" Gray replied, pulling Jaxon into a hug. Jaxon winced, and Gray pulled away, eyes wide. "Sorry man, you good?"

"Better than ever" he smirked, "now get going"

"We will. I'll come by the hospital later. Jet, text me details." 

With that he ushered for us girls to follow him, but before I could go I had to take care of something.

"Can we have a second?" I asked Jet and the medic, motioning to Jaxon.

"You need to go" Jet stated, crossing his arms. "Go with Gray-"

"Please, I promise I won't be long."

Jet and the medic exchanged glances, then sighed, leaving me standing in the doorway with Jaxon. 

"Hi" I whispered.

"Hi" he replied "What a night, huh?"

"Tell me about it" I whimpered, tears streaming down my face.

He smiled, but his sapphire eyes looked sad. I couldn't take it anymore, I carefully wrapped my arms around his neck, and I kissed him. A wave a relief breezed through my body, and I felt like I could breathe again. Jaxon was alive, and he was free.

I broke away, sobbing "Jesus Jaxon, you scared the living shit out of me!"

"I'm sorry, angel" he whispered. He pulled me back into our kiss, but inhaled a sharp breath when my body accidentally bumped into his. I quickly jumped back, but he grabbed my hand.

"I'm okay, Ava" he said reassuringly, and I took a deep breath.

"Go to the hospital. I'll come visit you, okay? I should go"

"You should" he nodded, squeezing my hand before letting go. I carefully pecked his cheek. "I love you, I really really-"

"I love you too" he smiled. "Go Ava".

He didn't have to convince me, I was ready to get the hell out of there. I ran towards Gray and the others. "Let's go!" I said. We rushed off into the dark without a second thought.