Chapter 62

A single door between me and my prey.

No longer was I going to be the hunted, the controlled.

I was the predator, the one in control.

I was the Devil, the one to be feared.

As I knocked on my bosses front door, I repeated these affirmations. I could not let this night end until Rogue was free. Until Emilio was free. Until any of the men in this gang could walk away from the Crimson Blaze if they so choose. Until Melissa and Ava could live peacefully in their home. Until my brother never had to live in fear for his or Isla's life.

And of course, until I could live a normal, gang free life.

The door swung open and there he was, Ace, the boss man, the first life I was about to take.

I never planned on becoming a murderer at age 17, but here we are, and I was not going to back down.

"Well lookey who we have here" he grinned. That shark smile that I despised with my entire being. Ava was curled up in a ball on the couch, eyes wide and bloodshot. I could see her bottom lip tremble.

"I assume you came here for this precious doe" the boss smirked, grabbing Ava's face. She let out a hiss, jerking away from him with no success.

Get your filthy hands off of her-

"Well why don't you join us sonny, we were just discussing our new life together, weren't we doll?"

Ava's silence made the boss chuckle. "You see, she's not very happy about living with me, but hey, her house is about to be on the market and I think I'm being awfully generous by allowing her and her sister shelter-"

"This shelter is a prison" she groaned, "get your hand off me"

"Let her go, boss" I chimed in, "I'm sure there is something else we can work out. I'll work double time for you, or Rogue and I can-"

A gun fire, and a shriek of terror.

My ears were ringing, and when I came to my senses I realized I had dropped to the ground.

I hadn't been shot, but my reflexed had kicked in to try and move out of the way. Ace now hovered over me, his gun pointed at my head.

"Next time I won't purposefully miss. You NEVER speak out of line, understand me?"

I nodded, feeling every bone in my body tense up. Of course I knew he would have a gun on him, I just didn't account for this taking such a turn so early on. I needed Rogue to get in here, distract him so I could click off my safety and take my shot.

I noticed Ava still on the couch with her head between her knees and her hands covering her ears. My throat started to close, and I fought back tears. How the fuck could I kill someone right in front of her? Not after what happened to her brother. I was no monster.

I have to get her out of here before I kill the boss, but how?

Knock Knock

Right on time. That should be Rogue, pretending to get back from the race to deliver the boss the first place prize-

"Sir, I found him sneaking in the back door" Bruce the bodyguard lumbered in, pulling Frank along with him.

Mother fucker... Frank got CAUGHT????

Bruce shoved Frank to the floor next to me. I tried to make eye contact, but his head hung down, and his eyes were closed. I could tell he was ashamed to have been caught, and my heart dropped into my stomach. This plan was going straight into the crapper.