Chapter 31

I felt sick to my stomach on my way to work Saturday. Mr. Lynch gave me the aux cord, so I tried to focus on the music, however I was failing miserably.

Jaxon almost whooped Emilio's ass for touching me.

For touching what's his.

That's what the text said, right? Had I read it correctly? What in the hell did he mean by that?? My mind was spinning. I'm certainly not Jaxon's, hell i'm not anyones.

So why did my stomach erupt in butteries when I read that? While I didn't enjoy the huge scene he made? I loved how protected I felt. 

Of course Jaxon just had to be outside when we arrived. It was a beautiful fall day, sunny and in the 70s. He was hosing down his motorcycle until he noticed us pull up. We made eye contact as soon as I stepped out of the Lexus, and immediately my breath caught in my throat. He stood before me, shirtless and glistening from the water mist. His black cargo shorts hung low, revealing a prominent v-line. His hair was crazily spiked, and his sapphire eyes sparkled in the sunlight. He smiled at me, exposing his pearly white teeth, and I can't say that I didn't almost faint because I'd be lying.

Oh my god, am I drooling? There's no way i'm actually drooling...

"Hey there Vexheart"

"Marvel" I nodded, rushing past him. Once I was inside I slammed the door behind me, leaning back on it. I inhaled as deeply as I could, trying to slow my heartbeat. It's a freaking sin to look that goddamn sexy. My stomach was churning so much that I thought I was going to throw up. What is wrong with me? Calm down for heavens sake he's just a stupid boy-

"Ava hunny! How are you this morning?" Esther greeted, emerging from the hallway.

"Oh, hi Esther. I'm...peachy"

"I'd love to stay and chat my dear, but i've got lot's of packing to do. I've left a lengthy list for you in the dining room, and when you've completed it all you're free to go!"

"Packing?" I asked, following her into the dining room. I was struggling to keep up with her face-paced walk. For an older woman, she had some serious speed.

"I'm taking a vacation with my sister. I will leaving tomorrow morning and won't be back until the following Sunday, possibly Monday. I'll need you and Penelope to get as much done around here as possible, and when I get back i'll give you some days off."

Esther's leaving? FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK? Which means i'll be alone in the house...with Jaxon...

"Of course if you have any earth shattering problems, RJ and Peter are more than willing to help you out" she smiled, handing me the list.

Oh yeah, RJ and Mr. Lynch, that makes it all soooo much better.

"I'll be in my room packing, if you have any questions feel free to ask!" With that, Esther zipped out of the dining room, leaving me in utter dread. I really didn't want her to leave, something about her presence here seemed to keep Jaxon in his place. Without her...oh lord.

Tucking the list into my waistband, I grabbed cleaning supplies and a trash bin and headed into the basement to start tidying up. The sooner I start cleaning, the sooner I can get my mind off of all this. I shuffled my Spotify playlist and stuck my phone in my back pocket while I worked.

As I dusted, vacuumed, wiped down the bar, and more, I hummed along to my playlist, until 'no tears left to cry' by Ariana Grande came on. I was getting into it, belting at the top of my lungs, dancing around the room. Music was one of my favorite things in the world. It was my stress escape, one of the few things in this world that could make me feel truly at ease.