Chapter 60

Goddamnit Frank was my first thought upon consciousness. I could barely open my eyes let alone lift my head up. Every part of my body ached and I thought of giving up and letting myself succumb to sleep once again.

No. You are in trouble, get up. I forced my eyes open, and the room was spinning. I noticed an old clock on the walk and strained my eyes, but I could not focus enough to read the time. I lifted my head, immediately feeling a pit in my stomach. It took all my willpower to not yak all over the ragged couch I was on.

"Drink this" I heard a husky voice that sounded more like an echo. All my senses were off, and I considered that I might be slowly dying. It was a defeatist thought, but I felt drained of energy, sick, and utterly confused.

"Sit up" the voice echoed again, and this time I felt meaty hands grab my arms, pulling me upright. The motion made me gag. I felt something cool hit my lips and drip down my chin. It took me a moment to realize it was water, but soon I was gulping it like it was the elixir of life.

Slowly but surely the situation I was in dawned on me and eventually terror was flooding back into my system. I realized how close I was to Frank who has basically just kidnapped me. I thought of making a mad dash, but I didn't know if I had my bearings enough.

Where the hell even am I? Wait-

I gasped, "Frank, did you drug me?"

"Good to see your mind has checked back in"

"FRANK HERRERA!" I screamed, forcing myself to stand on wobbly legs. "YOU DRUGGED ME! WHAT THE FUCK??"

"Sit down, Ava"

"NO!" I shouted, madly searching for an escape. I saw what appeared to be the front door, and looked back at Frank who sat on the couch with his arms crossed and one eyebrow raised.

"Don't even think about it" he muttered, "I told you to sit down"

"Why the hell did you bring me here?? You fucking kidnapped me you psychopath! Where did you put my friends?"

"Sit down" he growled. In a flash he was up and gripping my shoulders. I tried to back up, but ended up falling back onto the couch. Frank's hands landed against the couch cushion on either side of me. He hovered above me, his dark eyes piercing mine.

"You will not move again unless I say so, got it?"

As much as I wanted to spit in his face and knee him in the nuts, I clammed up. He knew where my sister was, and if I fought back I was scared of what he would do to her.

Frank straightened up. His tall, large stature made me feel like I was next to the Eiffel Tower. You could hear a pin drop for a painstakingly long time before his husky voice said "your friends are back in the car. They'll wake up soon, same as you."

I was relieved they were okay, well, for the most part.

"Why am I here then?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"You recognized it was me, they didn't"

"Even so, you kidnapped me! Don't think I will just forget about that, not to mention the chloroform. That was really fucking unnecessary, Frank."

He rolled his eyes which just pissed me off even more. "Aren't you like, 18? How do you even know how to drug people?"

"My uncle taught me when I was 15, besides, it is basic knowledge for Crimson Blaze members."

I can't believe this shit. 15???? What kind of fucked up life has this guy had...

Frank cleared his throat, pulling me out of my thoughts. "You have a couple minutes to explain to me what the fuck you and the others were doing out there."