II

"What was he like?" Grace asks, my eyes closing as I recall the tall man from yesterday afternoon. He is vividly imaginable on the front of my mind.

"He's tall, handsome, and young," I sigh, feeling as if I helplessly grasp these memories. No one has seen the one called Erebus except me and his assistants. I know his real name, but I feel as though I should keep that information confidential.

"How young?"

"26."

She looks shocked, my head nodding. We both have discussed men before but this man is something out of a romance novel. He's unreal, attractive to the maximum.

"And you got to interview Erebus? You of all people?" she says, my eyes looking at her. She's not wrong. I'm the new journalist at the publishing unit and to have an opportunity such as this one is incredible.

"It was intimidating. I was afraid, to be honest," I project, her eyes looking away from mine.

"What does he look like?" she inquires, my finger circling the rim of the coffee mug.

"Dark brown hair, green eyes, broad and muscular stature, and extremely tall," I infatuate, the image of the mysterious man still in my mind.

"Sounds like he's attractive. I want to actually see him to believe it though," she smiles, my head nodding. I brush my blonde hair back and walk to my room, my roommate accompanying me.

"There were things he spoke about with such passion and I couldn't help but admire his expression. He is utterly powerful. Anyone would want to know him," I say, collapsing onto my bed.

"And you do. Doesn't that mean something?" she snickers, gathering an outfit from my drawers.

"Slightly. He seemed...mysterious. Faded in a way as to falling behind the scenes. He's one of the guys that sees everything without being seen. I told him he doesn't seem like a god of darkness, rather a god of shadows," I expel, Grace's eyes widening.

"So you held conversation with Erebus?" My nod triggers a jaw dropping expression and I feel my heart flutter. I did indeed hold conversation with one of the most powerful men in America.

"He found my insight interesting," I smile, her hand slapping my thigh.

"Shut up! That's insane," she cheers, my head nodding.

"Anyways, I have to get ready for work, as do you," I sigh, pushing my dried hair into a clip behind my head.

I slip into one of my navy dresses and form sandals over my feet, grabbing my bag and walking to the door. I say goodbye to Grace and walk towards 8th Street, walking into Greystone Publishing Offices. Approaching the doors, I greet the secretary and the assistant, walking to my office. As I sit, I plan out my interview with the publishing coordinator and grab my notes from the interview.

"Miss Albright, I sense you had a successful interview," Mr. Greystone smiles, my head nodding as I hand him everything I have.

"There was no admittance to photography, as you assumed," I recap, his head nodding.

"Very good. Put this together and file a draft for tomorrow," he says, my head nodding.

Getting back to work, I type my draft nearly all day. I hold some details to myself for the sake of his personal being, Erebus one of the few people I've met that have aliases. His isn't self-proclaimed though, as I had originally thought.

"Reagan, this came for you today. Hand delivered," the secretary smiles, my lips curving and grabbing the envelope from her manicured fingers. The front has Miss Albright written on it and the H Publishing logo on the upper left hand corner. My heart nearly leaps out of my chest at the recognition.