XI

Hours. I haven't left Harry's library in hours. I told him I needed to work but rather than at his kitchen table or in his office, I chose his library. Since entering, my work has been in the corner and I've been reading every book I love instead.

My fingers turn the pages to the book and I move my glasses further up my nose, never needing them unless I'm reading like this. I've always been so self-conscious when it comes to my glasses, finding my already larger nose enhanced.

As I lay reading, I continue to read the interesting ways of Holden Caulfield. This book is always my go to whenever I feel like I don't belong. This book got me through high school.

"There you are."

Harry walks towards me and sits next to me, grabbing my hand. He kisses the back and I continue to read, trying to concentrate on the last few pages of the book.

"I need you to get ready," he whispers in my ear. He begins kissing my neck and I close the book, leaning into his touch.

"Do you really want me to go to this?" I ask, an extremely high end, fancy dinner for all publishing conpanies occurring this evening.

"Yes, because I wouldn't go if you aren't by my side."

I smile and he brushes a strand of my hair behind my ear, removing the glasses. A small kiss is left to my cheek and I lean closer to him, pressing my lips to his.

"Yesterday was fun," he whispers, my lips remaining on his.

"You like control, don't you?" he mumbles, my throat releasing a moan.

"Not really. You're way better," I tell him, his eyes meeting mine for a moment.

"We better get ready," he suggests, my head nodding. I'm taken into his arms and his warm arms carry me to my room, holding him closer to me.

Harry doesn't understand my consideration towards him; my softness with him trying to get him to unleash his past to me. I yearn to know.

"I will come for you in a half hour," he says, my head nodding. A soft kiss is pressed to my lips and he closes the door behind him, my feet walking to the closet. Viewing my options, I settle on a long black halter dress that cuts down to my belly-button. It shows my back and fits to my body perfectly; my curves accentuated.

My fingers form my hair into a bun just above my neck, twisting and braiding strands to make it look formal. I've always been known to get ready fairly quickly. The make-up I apply is subtle and I set black eyeliner on, followed by mascara.

After placing a pair of black heels on, I walk to the door and open it. Harry stands by the top of the stairs and his body faces away from me. He turns when he hears the door close and his eyes rake my body, my feet slowly walking to him.

"You look amazing," he compliments, his hair pushed back and a crisp tux residing on his body.

"As do you," I smile, kissing his cheek. He's gleaming and I admire it.

The entire ride to the hall of the party, we're sitting in comfortable silence. He's calmly breathing and his sighs are absolutely lovely; it's a sure thought he's nervous.

"Stay with me for the entire night. I need you to be there," he says, my head nodding.

"I don't plan on straying. I won't know anyone," I remind him, his smile bright. He drives up to the entrance and climbs out, my body waiting for him to come to my side. He opens the doors, the cameras already flashing as he opens the door. He smiles at me and grabs my hand, aiding me in getting out of his Lamborghini. I'm tugged closely to him and we walk into the hall.