XXXIV

"I'm destructive," Gemma laughs over the phone, my lips releasing a laugh as well.

"You're pregnant. It happens," I say, flipping through a magazine as I wait in the dentist office. Harry was supposed to be here fifteen minutes ago.

"There is one insane craving I have and that's for carrots with peanut butter. It's honestly the best thing I've ever eaten," she says, my face scrunching.

"That sounds gross," I tell her, her laugh loud.

"No, Tom," Gemma says, my lips curving. She's babysitting Tom and says he hasn't talked to her at all. He just sits on the couch and reads.

"How is he?" I ask, her voice making an 'eh' sound.

"He's picking at my orchids right now. Tom, do you want to talk to Reagan?" she asks, her delighted laugh.

"Man, your name perked him up," she laughs, my lips curving as the phone shuffles.

"Reagan?" Tom asks, his voice high pitched compared to his brother's. Speaking of Harry, he has just pulled into the parking lot and I walk out, climbing into the car.

"How's school?" I ask, his voice explaining to me every kid's answer.

"It's boring but I like study hall. I started reading one of the books Harry recommended for me."

"And what book did Harry recommend for you?" I ask, grinning at my curly-haired lover. He's smiling bright and grabs my hand.

"It's called Divergent. It's really good," he says.

"Tell me about it," I say, listening to the boy's happy attitude when he talks about books.

The entire time he's talking about Divergent, I'm thinking about what Harry was like when he was a child. Was he this into books? All I can think about is a green-eyed, brown curly-haired boy reading while his father abandoned him.

"That sounds very interesting. Do you like the Tris character?" I ask, his voice flowing over the phone.

"She's alright. I like Tobias," he beams, my head nodding.

We talk for a little while before he asks for Harry, my hand handing the phone over to Harry.

"Hey, Tom," Harry says, the two of them talking.

"No, why? She's still next to me. Yes, I do. No, Tom, don't say that kind of thing. She's not like Gem right now. Because we just aren't. I don't know, why the sudden curiosity?"

My fingers fiddle with the radio, that static due to the sudden downpour. I try to find some music that will suffice for the rest of the way home but none of the stations are very clear.

"She's skinny. How on earth did you make that assumption?" Harry asks, frustration running through his features.

"Tom, Reagan is not having a baby. Regardless of what Gemma says," he states, my lips curving at the small little rumor Gemma told Tom. I already knew of it but Tom didn't tell anyone.

"You know what mum says. If I have a kid, I better be married," he says, my eyebrow rising as I look at him. He sheepishly grins and looks back at the road, my light laugh ringing through the music-less car. So Harry's mother believes the same thing as my mother, marriage before children.

"You know what Tom, I will. But you have to keep that a secret," Harry says, blushing lightly. The pink tint is almost invisible but I can see it. I find it very attractive when he blushes.

"Okay, okay, okay. I will call you tomorrow. Alright, bud. Bye," Harry laughs, shaking his head. My phone is given to me and I kiss the back of his hand, setting our entwined fingers back in my lap.