XXXVI

Bare feet pad behind me, my hands holding Harry's over my shoulder as I lead him into the kitchen. His arms flex as we walk towards the fridge, my hand grabbing the ice cream out of the freezer.

"We have to go back to New York soon," he whispers, my bare legs stepping between his as he sits on the counter.

"Do we have a meeting?" I ask, his head nodding.

"Then after that meeting we have to go to a meeting in England," he grins, his hand stealing the ice cream. He eats a spoonful and my eyes watch as he does so, his lips curving.

"You know what?" he says, my hands taken in his.

"I say we go back today and do something together. It only takes a few hours and we'll have a lot of fun," he smiles, my lips curving at his playfulness. He's been really happy lately and we've barely argued. If we had, it's over stupid things like what show to watch or what to have for dinner.

The pad of my thumb runs under his eye, a little fuzz attaching itself to his cheek. My lips press to his cheek and I grab his thighs afterwards.

"I would like that," I smile, his lips curving.

A small kiss is received from him and we finish eating the small amount of ice cream in the carton. His fingers are cold from holding it, his thumb and forefinger cupping my chin so I look at him, his eyebrows frowning.

"You have a bruise on your cheek," my fingers quickly covering it up.

It was from the party a few nights ago. When I had went to use the restroom, a woman came in and I aided her pain. She had miscarried and was so angry that she swung at me, hitting my cheek. The information was left out when explaining what had happened to Harry, but apparently it's visible now.

His soft fingers grip mine and retract my hand, his thumb brushing the light mark on my cheek. His eyes roam the skin, setting his fingers over the mark to assure himself he wasn't the cause. When he's finished, he continues to brush over it, bringing me closer.

"What happened?" he asks, my hand wrapping around his wrist.

"It was from the club. The girl, uh, sort of hit me," his eyebrows crunching.

"Please don't worry. It doesn't hurt," I say before he says anything, my hands gripping his tightly. My lips kiss his knuckles and he sighs, moving his head to the left side of my face. The soft kisses he presses to my discoloring skin cause me to smile, his fingers lightly holding the crook of my neck.

"You're tough. That's hot," he whispers, my head rolling back as I laugh. He jumps off the counter and hugs me, kissing the top of my head.

The rest of the day moves in a blur between packing, the car rides, and the plane ride. When we return home, Harry is moving around the house and answering calls. Ed arrives at the house soon and the two lock the door to the office. A discussion takes place but I can only hear muffled noises.

I knock on the door and Harry opens it, running his hand through his hair as he does so.

"Hi, I'm just telling you I'm going to see Grace," I smile, his shoulders relaxing.

"Oh, okay. Be back soon."

I nod and kiss his cheek, his hand closing the door abruptly. I wonder what's going on that's so important. He seems like he was worried I heard something, his eyes concerned and his muscles tense. Whatever it is, I hope it's nothing bad.

After retrieving my keys and purse, I drive to the café I'm meeting Grace at and park. When I walk in, I hug Grace tightly and we sit across from each other.

Fifty Shades of Him (h.s. au)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें