XVI

The silence on the plane is spectacular, my head resting on Harry’s shoulder the entire way there. We drift in and out of sleep, his fingers tracing the ridges in my palm. He told me to wear his shirt today, my heart never beating so fast before. I never wore Ian’s shirts, but Harry’s are my favorite. They smell of his cologne, one of my favorite scents.

I wore his red plaid button up he suggested, my black jeans accompanying the top. Harry wore jeans and a white v-neck, a jacket on top of that. He couldn’t look more amazing.

He picks up a pen from his bag, my hand still in his. The ink roller tickles my wrist as he writes his name against my skin. I smile and take the pen from his fingers, removing his watch. My hand writes my name on his skin and he kisses my hair, a soft chuckle leaving his lips. My lips smile and I grab his watch, forming it back onto his wrist.

We land safely and the driver escorts us to a fancy neighborhood, my hand never leaving Harry’s. The constant pulse in my chest quickens and I become anxious. I don’t want to disappoint his family. The last thing I want to do is hurt Harry. He kisses my cheek before the car pulls up to a beautiful white house, colorful trees surrounding it.

“Just relax. I’ll be with you the whole time,” he whispers in my ear. He kisses it after and opens the car door, stepping out. I hear a squeal and a beautiful little girl runs towards him, his hands lifting her up. My feet step out of the car and she smiles, waving her pink polished nails at me. I wave back and Harry kisses her cheek, setting her down.

“Kailey, can you say ‘hi’ to Reagan?” Harry asks, crouching beside the girl.

“Hi Reagan,” she smiles, her blonde hair in a ponytail and jeans and a jacket rests on her body. She’s adorable.

“Hi Kailey. I love you nails,” I say, knowing how little girls act with compliments.

“Thank you! My mummy did them this morning,” she beams, my lips curved. She runs off and Harry helps me with the bags, my hand shrugging my bag over my shoulder.

“My mum gave us her pool house. It’s really nice and it will be just us,” Harry smiles, my lips kissing his cheek. He grabs my hand and we walk into the house, multiple people in the room. A body barrels into me and hugs me, my arms hesitantly wrapping around her.

“Harry, she’s so pretty. Holy crap,” the girl beams, her brown hair cascading down her shoulders beautifully.

Harry blushes, my eyes admiring the new sight, and he reaches for me. “I know,” he smiles, my lips curving. This is a whole new side of him.

“Uh, Reagan, this is my sister Gemma,” he says, her arms wrapping around me again. I return the gesture and she whispers that I’m too tall, a soft laugh erupting from both of us.

“Reagan, this is my husband Kyle,” she says, my hand shaking the blonde man’s hand. He’s a beautiful man as well.

“Gem, do you know where mum is?” Harry asks, placing his hand on my back.