XXIII

"Just tell me," Harry says, my mind pulsing. He has carried me to his bedroom and I sit on the bed, his body across from mine.

I sigh and begin.

"We first met when I was a teenager. We were good friends and started to develop into something more as we grew in our relationship. When we were eighteen, we kissed for the first time. It was so weird because we were both crying and our lips were covered in frozen yogurt. We started to do things...because we were both developing into deeper feelings. So we would usually go to parties and go to his place after, making out or grinding on each other. Then we went a step farther and had sex, his eyes so demonic and horrific; it was the most frightening experience of my life."

Harry nods and I find the courage to continue.

"After that night, I woke up to him slapping my bottom. He was yelling for me to get up and he shoved me out of his house, my eyes never crying so much. When he called me that night, saying he was sorry, I believed it. He came over and soothed me and I woke up to see him gone. I started feeling stomach pains a few days later and my mother came home, fuming, yelling at me that I shouldn't have been staying out. She went not knowing about Ian for about a week until my stomach started hurting to a point where it was unbearable. I was throwing up everything I was eating and she put all the pieces together. She was so angry.

"I went to the doctor and they found this little blob, right here, and told me I was going to lose the baby. The environment it was in wasn't suitable for a child and I lost the baby in a month, much to my mother's pleasure. But when I told Ian, that's when he grew dark. He blamed it on me, yet he was the one who didn't use protection. He punched me that night, breaking my nose. When it healed, he said if I didn't stop being a bitch none of this would have happened. One night, while I was sleeping, the house was quiet. I was the only one home and I woke up, seeing him standing over me. He covered my mouth before I could scream and he smiled, my head feeling dizzy. He drugged me and beat me that night, waking up with bruises covering my skin. My mother never found out for I left. I ran away from home and never came home except to talk to her and see her on holidays. Everything went wrong in my life and I came here to escape from him. But he's back and now it feels like I've dragged you into this. Harry, I can't keep bringing you back into this."

I break down and he lifts me into his lap, my hands covering my face. I'm trembling, shaking in his arms as I cry.

"Shh, just listen to me," he whispers, my sobs softening to hear him talk.

"You aren't dragging me into this. I'm going to stand by your side through all this shit because what he's done to you should be punished. He's going to be in court and I'm not going to let you see him again. They aren't going to let him anywhere near you because I'm not going to let them. If he violates the restraining order, he'll be in jail and I will sue anyone who ruined that. If anyone tries to take you away from me, they will suffer under me for I will do anything so you stay with me. If it means I am lying unconscious on the ground because I fought for you, so be it. But I need you to know that I will gladly suffer any source of hurt to ensure your safety and your care."

My tears continue to fall and I can't believe everything I'm hearing. He's amazing and I can't believe that he'd do such things for me.

"Don't believe you're pulling me into this because you're not. This is a roadblock and I'm protecting you like I should. As your boyfriend, I will shield you from everything that will hurt you. Your hand injury leaves me slightly upset but it's better than anything that could have happened. I don't even want to know what that bastard was thinking," he breathes, tightening his arms around me.

"I'm so scared," I cry, his head burying into my neck. His lips press soft kisses to my neck and I move my arms to wrap around his torso, his hand coming to me cheek. My forehead rests against his neck, his fingers running along my cheek to rid my cheeks of the tears.