XXVI

Two interviews.

I have two interviews for myself, not Harry. Me. They take place during the time he's away from me in Tokyo and they occur the first few days in our time away from each other. How can I be that important to get interviews with a magazine and a radio station? It's insane.

"I'm proud of you. You have been given so many opportunities," my mother smiles, telling me she finds Harry an absolute charmer. Harry is your definition of charm.

"How is he handling the Ian situation?" she asks, my sigh receiving one from her as well.

"He hates it. He had a restraining order placed on both of us, stating Ian can't come near us. But that clearly doesn't stop that man," I groan, her head nodding.

"It sounds horrible. He's clearly taking care of that so I have nothing to worry about in that area, but I'm still so worried about Harry's trip to Tokyo. Are you staying with someone?" she asks, my head shaking.

"After my interviews, I was probably going to go to the H Publishing in Chicago to check on things for Harry, per his suggestion. But other than that, I'll work from home," I say, her head nodding.

"Oh, and he hired a bodyguard," I say, my mom laughing.

"Good. Now, I feel okay with him leaving," she smiles, my head nodding.

"Jim, can you please help me with the turkey?" she calls to her boyfriend, his footsteps heard as he walks into the kitchen. He and Harry have been setting up an entertainment center for the living room, both of them building up a sweat.

"Harry, take a break," I say, kneeling beside him and handing him a glass of water. He stops and takes the glass, gulping the cool liquid down.

"What's have you been talking about?" he asks, taking my hand as we stand up.

"Tokyo, you, and my new bodyguard Joe."

He smiles and pecks my lips, walking with me into the kitchen. After feeding the two men a sandwich, they get back to work and my mother and I go to the store.

"As a mother, I need to make sure you are still eating healthy," she says as she places two pumpkin pies into the cart. Her humor never ceases to make me laugh.

"Okay, I need you to get me cherries and whipped cream," she says, my head nodding. I walk around and retrieve her items, walking to the check out with her.

"Oh, I almost forgot. I bought the Vogue magazine of you and Harry," she smiles, my cheeks blushing.

"You are so beautiful, my little girl," she says, embarrassing me even more.

"Mom, stop," I complain, her laugh ringing through the store as we check out. We carry the bags to the car and get into her little Prius, driving down to Jim's house. When we get there, the men walk out and carry the bags as my mother and I just walk in.

"Do you think I can shower?" Harry whispers in my ear, my head nodding.

"Yeah, let me turn the shower on for you. It's kind of weird," I say, grabbing his hand and walking upstairs with him.

"Do they like me? I'm trying," he says, my head nodding.

"You are doing perfect. Don't worry," I smile, kissing his pouted lips lightly.

It makes me so comforted to know that he's trying to make an impression on my family, especially my mother. I already consider Jim a part of the family just because he's constantly there for my mother.

"Okay. Good."

He grabs a change of clothes and I twist the shower head, pressing the buttons to get the shower on. It's really high tech; Jim always up to date on these things.