VII

The sunshine warms my bedroom, my eyes remaining closed until I feel as though getting up is necessary. The body lying beside me is utterly radiating and I curl myself closer to Harry, his arm pulling me closer.

His bare chest is hot to the touch, our actions last night causing our bodies to incinerate the other, simply by a single touch. I'm wearing his white shirt, the material still lingering his cologne. There was a way he looked at me last night; I saw something different than before.

"Harry," I whisper, running my fingers through his hair and kissing his ear. There is a little curl near the lobe and my thumb mindlessly plays with it.

He hums and continues to sleep, my lips touching his cheek. I'm hoping he will allow this sort of affection from me. The thought of sprinkling affections over his face had started when I first allowed him to have me.

"It's almost seven," I whisper, taking my fingers and pushing his hair back. If anyone could look amazing in their sleep, it would be Harry.

"I was supposed to be at work an hour ago," he mumbles, pulling me closer to him.

"I have to be at work in an hour," I remind him, not knowing what he's going to do.

"Then take a shower with me," he states, my body rolled onto his. I smile and he presses his lips to my cheek, lifting me up and into the bathroom.

"Harry?" I ask, moving my arms around his neck.

"Yes?"

"What are we now?"

His long sigh signals he doesn't know, my eyes falling onto my stomach.

"This was a one time thing. I'm breaking all my rules and I need to stop. We're still in the Dominant/Submissive relationship," he states, my heart slumping.

"Of course," I whisper, unhappy with his answer.

"I won't be seeing you often. We'll be communicating through e-mail strictly for rumors and assumptions. Christine is the only worker who knows of my collaborative work with you."

He places me down and I turn the water on, both of us stripped bare in front of the other. We step in and my wrists are taken in his hands, encircling my arms around his neck.

"I've only done that once," he whispers, the water pouring over us.

"What?" His statement leaves me to misunderstand where he's going with his words.

"Making...love. With someone," he stumbles, my eyes meeting his. So, he has done that before.

"When was your first?" I inquire, his fingers running across my back.

"Seventeen."

He seems stiff, the subject clearly upsetting. Harry's pained expression makes my heart clench in an agony of its own. These times, I wish I could comfort him.

"Please talk to me," I whisper, unable to take the silence much longer.

He places his hands to the small of my back and looks at me, my eyes trying to look for any emotion in his eyes. This is clearly not something he has talked about before.

"I find it very unsettling that we're discussing this in the shower," he whispers, my lips curving. He smiles and plants his lips to mine, his hand moving to cup between my legs. His fingers expertly massage my sex, his lips parting as I gasp.