XXVII

When I arrive at the radio station, my body is pushed into the room and headphones are placed on my ears.

“Today we have the girlfriend of Erebus, major CEO of H Publishing, Reagan Albright. Reagan, how are you?” the man asks, his voice high pitched and his bowtie adorable.

“I’m fantastic. How are you?” I ask, Harry texting me he’s listening in right as we speak.

“Wonderful. Now I have to ask a few questions in my informal way of questioning people,” he says, my head nodding.

“Okay, you are with the most powerful man in the world. How are you handling all the pressure and more importantly, Ian Thomas?”

“Erebus and I deal with everything in a personal matter. We haven’t really talked about our relationship to the public all that much but we definitely deal with our problems together. The pressure and Ian aren’t getting to me anymore because I have found comfort in Erebus,” I smile, Ronnie smiling as well.

“What is better than comfort from a sexy man?” he laughs, my laugh ringing through the room.

“You’re telling me,” I laugh, his head rolling back.

“Well, most of the public are dying to know if you two are in love. Is there any comment you can make on that?” he asks, my stomach dropping.

Are we in love?

“The feelings Erebus and I express towards each other are very personal. We are leading up to love, due to both of us never experiencing good sides of the emotion. We’re definitely infatuated by the other,” I say, trying to make it sound like we are in that sort of relationship. Love is so sketchy with me.

“Interesting. How do you think he’s dealt with the change of revealing himself? He spoke so fondly of you in his first public interview,” Ronnie relishes, my  head nodding.

“He says it doesn’t really affect him. It’s just more publicity. All he wanted was to be able to go out and not be questioned. Neither of us care about money and he doesn’t like being called famous; he hates it. We live like a normal couple and we talk about random crap until the crack of dawn,” I say, his lips releasing a bubbly laugh.

“That’s so amazing. I love it that the two of you go on as if he’s just a commoner,” he laughs, my lips parting.

“Erebus isn’t a king, Ronnie,” I laugh, his giggling continuing.

“He sure looks like one though. I mean, those Georgia pictures of him on the beach. Let’s be real,” he sighs, enjoying the view of my boyfriend shirtless on his computer.

“He is really attractive, isn’t he?” I smile, blushing as I do so.

“Attractive, my dear, is an understatement,” Ronnie says, my lips curving.

“Oh, and Twitter says the same thing. Man, my boyfriend is angry right now,” Ronnie smiles shakily, my hand brushing his arm.