XIII

Flashing lights blind my vision as I make my way out of Harry's office, his body behind me fairly quickly. His arms shove back everyone around me to force them away from us, Harry's defense aiding in my care. He's so amazing.

"Get in the car," he tells me, opening the door to his car. He shuts the door and walks to the other side, sitting beside me. His driver pulls out onto the street and my hand is taken in Harry's.

"You're freezing," he mumbles, kissing my fingers. Before I get the chance to say something, he's taking off his jacket and wrapping it around me, kissing my forehead lightly.

"Thank you."

He smiles and wraps his arm around my shoulders, brushing my hair back with his fingers. I've grown so close to him lately and he fills the happiness void I'd been wearing for years. Since our extremely steaming night a couple days ago, we've done nothing of the sexual sort. All the nights I slept over were movie nights and sweet kissing. Last night, we were on the phone until early morning and I went to work and slept. Greystone never found out, thankfully.

"I finished our manuscript today. I'm e-mailing it to you tonight," he tells me, kissing my cheek repeatedly. He has been showing a ton of affection lately and I'm addicted to it.

"Are you publishing this one?" He nods and tells me I need an alias.

"I have no idea. Fake names weren't really original for me."

He smiles and the car pulls into an expensive restaurant, Harry walking out before me. My door is opened and he holds his hand out, my fingers forming into his. He leads me into the restaurant that had yet to be bombarded with paparazzi, and we're seated immediately. The table is round and slightly small; both of us close to each other. Our conversations will be very private in this setting.

"Drinks, Sir?" the server asks, his white beard scuffed along his cheeks.

"A bottle of your finest white wine," Harry says, the man handing us menus.

With a nod, he walks away and I lift the menu to view my options. As my eyes scan the food selections, a finger hooks in the top and I peer up at Harry. His cheeky smile is bright and I smile back, his hand taking mine.

"I wanted to ask you something," he says, my fingers placing the menu beside me.

"Of course."

He takes a deep breath and laces our fingers tightly, my eyes in a trance at the beautiful man in front of me.

"I've, uh, never actually asked a girl this before. Not even..." he trails, my thoughts going to his picture. Violet, I believe her name was.

"You, Reagan, have been a first for so many things for me. You've thrown me for a loop and I'm torn at what to feel. Emotions are something I've blocked out for almost my entire life. Yeah, Violet was something, but you're so different. Different in the most amazing way."

My heart nearly melts. Oh, he is so good with words.

"What I'm trying to say is, is that you are making me feel something again. You've captivated all my senses and I've found myself wanting to be around you at all times. And by me saying that, I want to ask you, formally, to be my girlfriend," he says, my lips curving. I squeeze his hand tighter and see a faint blush over-riding his dimpled cheeks.

"I would love that," I smile, kissing his fingers lightly.

The server returns with the wine and Harry smiles at me, my eyes falling onto our connected fingers. I order the clam chowder and Harry orders lobster, allowing the server to retrieve the menus.